Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish links with Israeli military and security firms revealed

• 20-02-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I will try and keep this civil so it does not get locked.
    I'm not sure how.. suppose anti Israel threads.. are dealt with on these forums.

Can't really describe the anger that rushed through my body when reading this LINKY

We all know how horrible Israel is to those surrounding its country.
    The assassinations done with Irish passports... the storming of ships.. the holdings of world aid and then selling it off.. the attempt to wipe out black jews... tbh the list goes on and on.

To find out that our country is so involved in the slaughter of innocent people just puzzles me.
    What the hell happened to us?
    Since when has all the troubles being so diluted in Ireland that making money of enslaved, starving people was the way forward.

It seems quite clear that those in the higher ranks within the Irish country have nothing to fear at all and thus have no problem in supporting the raping of other countries.

I would really love to know who these people are, would not naming and shaming these people not help protect those who cannot protect them selves?

I would say starting with politicians and those with in the colleges who are supporting such actions would be a great place to start.

And before anyone mentions.. yes I do hate Israel.. NO I do not hate Jewish people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

So.... Some universities worked on projects with applications in communications, airport security & UAVs.... ipso-facto Ireland (or shadowy unnamed higher-ups) are complicit in the rape of entire peoples.

Aside from some world class hyperbole, this is up there as one of the worst OPs I've ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bobcoffee

sorry for not structuring the OP around your needs.

Just some universities? really?
    Did you even read the link?

We do a lot more then just some random ties with Israel, might want to look at the location from were your food comes from now and again.
    Of course having covers over eyes is more important to others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Sadly I did read it.

But of course.... of course......
    I don't agree with your rant so its me that's blind.... my head is buried in the sand.

I do notice the odd Israeli product on the shelves, their spuds are good, less susceptible to mould/blight being grown in less damp climes compared to Ireland.

I also purchase Chinese goods, as I'm sure you do...

I look forward to your thread on collusion between Irish businesses & government have with China!

Edited to remove violation

What has china got to do with Israel?
    With that logic, why not do it closer to home, Europe who won the Nobel Peace Prize for??
    When the last time china has invaded other countries?
    When is the last time china killed Irish soldiers, UN soldiers, UN AID stations.

Suppose using Phosphorus on civilians is ok for you, especially since it seems to make some nice potatoes which is clearly is important to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

bobcoffee wrote: »
    I'm lost.. you Jewish... Israeli??

What has china got to do with Israel?
    With that logic, why not do it closer to home, Europe who won the Nobel Peace Prize for??
    When is the last time china killed Irish soldiers, UN soldiers, UN AID stations.

Suppose using Phosphorus on civilians is ok for you, especially since it seems to make some nice potatoes which is clearly is important to you.

I bought an American product last week does this make me complicit in the murder of children in drone strikes?:eek:

• Advertisement

ah now I see how this is going.
    nice guys.

bumper, I don't know, those that money you spent go to taxes, those then those taxes get spent on wars, those America like using drones to kill civilians?

No idea why you guys would want to derail a thread that is directed towards some horrible stuff.

ah now I see how this is going.
    nice guys.

bumper, I don't know, those that money you spent go to taxes, those then those taxes get spent on wars, those America like using drones to kill civilians?

No idea why you guys would want to derail a thread that is directed towards some horrible stuff.

Not derailing anything, you are suggesting that because some Irish universities did some work with Israeli universities then they are complicit in the murder and oppression of the Palestinian people right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

I will try and keep this civil so it does not get locked.
    I'm not sure how.. suppose anti Israel threads.. are dealt with on these forums.

Can't really describe the anger that rushed through my body when reading this LINKY

We all know how horrible Israel is to those surrounding its country.
    The assassinations done with Irish passports... the storming of ships.. the holdings of world aid and then selling it off.. the attempt to wipe out black jews... tbh the list goes on and on.

To find out that our country is so involved in the slaughter of innocent people just puzzles me.

What the hell happened to us?
    Since when has all the troubles being so diluted in Ireland that making money of enslaved, starving people was the way forward.

It seems quite clear that those in the higher ranks within the Irish country have nothing to fear at all and thus have no problem in supporting the raping of other countries.

I would really love to know who these people are, would not naming and shaming these people not help protect those who cannot protect them selves?

I would say starting with politicians and those with in the colleges who are supporting such actions would be a great place to start.

And before anyone mentions.. yes I do hate Israel.. NO I do not hate Jewish people.

You forgot to mention the murder of Irish Peacekeepers in South Lebanon during the 1970s / 90s by Israeli troops and their allies, the so called 'Christian' Militia. (or maybe Irish Soldiers deaths are somehow not worth mentioning?)
    I've served many times in Lebanon with the UN and was bombarded, shot at, and had friends killed by the IDF and their Allies...yet, I do NOT hate Israel, or it's people!
    Indeed, I carry injuries to this day caused by an Israeli Artillery shell.
    I wonder has the OP ever been ton the Middle East, or visited Israel...Lebanon...Gaza?
    If you were under an IDF artillery bombardment in the Lebanon for a few days you would have a better excuse for 'anger rushing through your body.'
    :cool:

Edit: Hedge I am not someone of worth nope, I am just posting on forums pretending to know things. I do not really have to right to hate Israel because none of this effects me personally.
    I just had to create this, I normally don't do this.

wait what...

"In all, Irish universities have collaborated with Israel in 257 projects to date"

"claims to be a world leading counter-terror advisory group with indigenous expertise from the Mossad and other elite Israeli counter terrorist units."

"UL also partnered with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI). IAI are key players in the development of security and surveillance for Israel’s separation wall"

257 projects, the wall, mossad, these are very bad things indeed.

I don't know maybe you guys are used to random crazy people coming on posting stuff, so normal response is to poke holes and see the mess unfold but ye we really need to stop seeing things as "well were not pulling any triggers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

1929 USSR
    1932 Tibet
    1950 Korea
    1959 Tibet
    1962 India
    1969 USSR
    1979 Vietnam

Its not so much that China has attacked other countries, but that is has always existed as an empire, oppressing those within.

• Advertisement

wait what...

"In all, Irish universities have collaborated with Israel in 257 projects to date"

"claims to be a world leading counter-terror advisory group with indigenous expertise from the Mossad and other elite Israeli counter terrorist units."

"UL also partnered with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI). IAI are key players in the development of security and surveillance for Israel’s separation wall"

257 projects, the wall, mossad, these are very bad things indeed.

I don't know maybe you guys are used to random crazy people coming on posting stuff, so normal response is to poke holes and see the mess unfold but ye we really need to stop seeing things as "well were not pulling any triggers"

You forgot the next bit
    In all, Irish universities have collaborated with Israel in 257 projects to date, seven of them listed as “security” and 13 as “aerospace”. These EU research programmes are administered by Irish Commissioner Máire Geoghegan-Quinn.

This could be anything from writing code for website security to collaborating on a communications satellite to study drought in Africa!

any project at all is a bad thing, that is the problem for me anyways.
    lost on how the next bit changes or adds to anything at all.
    you mean you can guess nice things, well sure.

maybe there studying how bubbles interact with each other.

any project at all is a bad thing, that is the problem for me anyways.
    lost on how the next bit changes or adds to anything at all.
    you mean you can guess nice things, well sure.

maybe there studying how bubbles interact with each other.

Researchers at the University of Limerick collaborated with an Israeli security company, Athena GS3-Security Implementations Ltd, on an EU-funded programme worth almost €4 million from April 2009 to March 2011. (The project researched digital support systems for first responders.)

If i posted an link from the IRELAND ISRAELI SOLIDARITY CAMPAIGN

stating that Palestinians were working on chemical weapons because a university from there was doing research with a pharmaceutical company would you believe that?

its 275 projects, bound to be something

Researchers at the University of Limerick collaborated with an Israeli security company, Athena GS3-Security Implementations Ltd, on an EU-funded programme worth almost €4 million from April 2009 to March 2011. (The project researched digital support systems for first responders.) Athena, on its website, claims to be a world leading counter-terror advisory group with indigenous expertise from the Mossad and other elite Israeli counter terrorist units.

suppose that really doesn't mean anything to you, right?
    cause were the good guys, right?
    seriously you live in a corrupt government who's country is riddle with greedy small minded people.

its 275 projects, bound to be something

Researchers at the University of Limerick collaborated with an Israeli security company, Athena GS3-Security Implementations Ltd, on an EU-funded programme worth almost €4 million from April 2009 to March 2011. (The project researched digital support systems for first responders.) Athena, on its website, claims to be a world leading counter-terror advisory group with indigenous expertise from the Mossad and other elite Israeli counter terrorist units.

suppose that really doesn't mean anything to you, right?
    cause were the good guys, right?
    seriously you live in a corrupt government who's country is riddle with greedy small minded people.

So they hire ex Mossad agents in the same way Group 4 hire ex soldiers :confused:

ex Mossad agents, priceless
    you even know whats wrong with that sentence?

Edit: also comparing our soldiers to mossad is just plain wrong in every way

ex Mossad agents, priceless
    you even know whats wrong with that sentence?

Conspiracy theory forum is >>>>>>>> :rolleyes:

not even close, I know you been trying to push that kind of direction.
    only one pushing conspiracy is you.

something you seem to be missing, its either dead mossad agent (natural or human) or its a mossad agent.

not even close, I know you been trying to push that kind of direction.
    only one pushing conspiracy is you.

something you seem to be missing, its either dead mossad agent (natural or human) or its a mossad agent.

Is the Mossad like the Mafia? Once you are in you are in for life? What about ex British SAS or Irish soldiers working for security companies? I'm sorry if not everyone sees your little conspiracy connections but you have shown a link to an extremely biased site and expect us all to go ZOMG Irish uni's in collaboration with Israeli murder death squads!

I suppose Mossad using Irish passports to kill people is made up too?

those Irish who work oversees on Humanitarian Aid projects lives are put into extra danger just a conspiracy too.

• Advertisement

I suppose Mossad using Irish passports to kill people is made up too?

those Irish who work oversees on Humanitarian Aid projects lives are put into extra danger just a conspiracy too.

What has that got to do with Irish universities working with Israeli companies on projects? Are you saying Ireland should have no contact with Israel at all?

lolz bumper all you have to say is you need more info on things.
    Mossad are WELL known for the games they play and its no like the mafia, grow up.
    once again comparing Mossad agents to Irish soldiers is just plain wrong, how could you do that after reading the response in this thread.

bumper234 wrote: »
    What has that got to do with Irish universities working with Israeli companies on projects? Are you saying Ireland should have no contact with Israel at all?

Fine bumper, please tell me why anyone would have contact with a regime like Israel?

Fine bumper, please tell me why anyone would have contact with a regime like Israel?

Why would we have any contact with America? They have killed more innocent civilians this decade than Israel. Why would we have any contact with China when they have a TERRIBLE human rights record? Universities combining research with a countries universities and companies is not always a bad thing, you are (i fear) just seeing issues that do not exist.

In your world

Israel = Bad /conversation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

Israel and Ireland are in 'contact' every day of the week.

Companies from both countries collaborate daily in industries such as tech, aerospace, agriculture, energy, etc.

Tech industry is especially close, I see Irish startups coming over here regularly to 'see how it's done'. Both countries are tech powerhouses of their region.

Trade between the two countries is growing substantially year on year.

There are thousands of Irish working over here already and with Ryanair planning to have flights to Tel Aviv soon, we will see more Irish tourists in 'contact' with Israel too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Why are you particularly concerned with Israel? Do you think you hold Israel to different standards than other countries?

How do you feel about Saudi Arabia, for example?

Where do you think the Israeli-Palestinian conflict ranks on a list of ongoing conflicts? How do you feel about Somaliland?

"Universities combining research with a countries universities"
    wow what a way to turn down the situation at hand.

I'm lost, how is Israel not = bad?

Is it your still trying to troll, because you would have to miss one epic post were a guy points out how fail I am at bringing up better points then just some college.

So hedge made up everything he said?

wow so many responses to one question directed at one guy.

good job guys and missing everything else.

brimal is listing at the major problem and direction things are going, ty for that.
    its amazing how much our educated just seem to pass by lots of things in the spirit of "progress"

"Universities combining research with a countries universities"
    wow what a way to turn down the situation at hand.

I'm lost, how is Israel not = bad?

Is it your still trying to troll, because you would have to miss one epic post were a guy points out how fail I am at bringing up better points then just some college.

So hedge made up everything he said?

You are throwing the whole Israeli nation and all of it's people into one group just because of it's governments policies!

• Advertisement

WAIT... all its people... nice direction.

once again, I do not hate Jewish people at all, Israel is a different story.

Universities, weapon contracts, mosssad.. you saying that these things are not controlled by Israeli government?

WAIT... all its people... nice direction.

once again, I do not hate Jewish people at all, Israel is a different story.

Universities, weapon contracts, mosssad.. you saying that these things are not controlled by Israeli government?

So what about US companies working in R&D with Irish universities, Chinese companies, English companies, Russian companies. Are they all using Irish universities to further their war machine and military might or is it only Israel doing this?

I'm sorry bumper, it seems your not following or at least no wanting to follow this conversation.

you might want to read this

Seems a country that has no problem in killing Irish soldiers, UN Peace keeperss, attacking UN AID Stations with Phosphorus is not worth avoiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I'm amazed that this thread with it's thin excuse for an OP managed to make it to three pages, but then I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how far anti-Israeli hysteria will get someone. Perhaps you'd better go off and make an anti-sodastream petition next.

So its "anti-Israeli hysteria" for reminding people about what Israel is and does?

"Seems a country that has no problem in killing Irish soldiers, UN Peace keeperss, attacking UN AID Stations with Phosphorus is not worth avoiding."

So that is made up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I'm amazed that this thread with it's thin excuse for an OP managed to make it to three pages, but then I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how far anti-Israeli hysteria will get someone. Perhaps you'd better go off and make an anti-sodastream petition next.

Is the ever growing BDS movement that actually has the Israeli state worried anti-Israel hysteria too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I think it is pretty clear what this thread is about.

Maybe someday we'll get an impartial thread on Middle Eastern/Israeli threads.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement