Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve tag team

Options
  • 27-06-2014 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭

I'm looking at putting together a Reserve ( full timers more then welcome) team to play in the first emergency services tag rugby team competition on the 18th of July. ( Gardai. Army. DFB. Prison service etc. )It will be a great day out, free BBQ and some drinks afterwards. I play on the Garda senior men's rugby team and each member is organising a team from their own station. I would like to get a reserves team to play in this (and hopefully win it 😉). All the info is up on Facebook. Just go to emergency service tag rugby page or Garda rugby page. If you are interested in playing or know a reserve who would be interest please pm me. Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Good man redsurfer. That is a great idea.

If the management could only sort out the Reserves situation so that the full timers could see the benefit of a proper Reserve service while management also provided a properly funded full time service then events like the tag rugby etc. would build up a team approach between full timers and reserves. I'm sure that a lot of reserves would be interested in lining out with the other Garda sports teams also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Good man redsurfer. That is a great idea.

If the management could only sort out the Reserves situation so that the full timers could see the benefit of a proper Reserve service while management also provided a properly funded full time service then events like the tag rugby etc. would build up a team approach between full timers and reserves. I'm sure that a lot of reserves would be interested in lining out with the other Garda sports teams also

All Garda sport teams are open to reserves and the rugby team is open to member of the public to join. We are looking for new guys and girls to join up. The tag competition is a one day event.

I would like to keep this thread only about the tag rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

To all,

There is a poll taking place on the Garda Recruitment side called "the recruitment process.

Cast your vote if you wish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Copaholic wrote: »
    To all,

There is a poll taking place on the Garda Recruitment side called "the recruitment process.

Cast your vote if you wish

Hey man have you more info about this? this would fit in nicely with pre season :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

If u go on to Facebook and look up emergency services tag rugby you will get all the info. If ur up for it send me a pm. I have 10 already for bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement