Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

400K Unemployed:Media/Twitter obessed with Panti/SSM?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Phill - less of the 'narrow minded' ad homs please and more of the explaining your own opinion. I am not in a discussion with the author of the piece you quoted - I am in a discussion with you. So why don't you tell us in your own words how you believe SSM with impact upon heterosexual marriage and what you mean by 'destroy'.

I, personally, have no desire to do anything to marriage including entering into one so your question is void.

I, however, do not believe that SSM will impact in any way on heterosexual marriages and I also believe that all citizens should be treated equally under civil law.

Why do you think some Irish citizens should not be equal?

When have I ever said some citizens should not be equal. Its you who is pushing for an inequality. Not me.

http://www.peter-ould.net/2012/12/07/gay-marriage-and-the-effect-on-heterosexual-marriage/

Reading this unbias piece even the author can find corralation in the decline of marriage rates in Spain when SSM was introduced.

So again. How id destroying marriage to benefit society?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I have a question for you. Why do you wish to destroy marriage. How is it in anyones interests to do so. Do you understand the impact this will have on society?

Nobody has proposed 'destroying marriage'.

Re your post 22 - What is "actual marriage equality"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I know everyone is enjoying themselves, but I think it's time for Phil to take a break.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

When have I ever said some citizens should not be equal. Its you who is pushing for an inequality. Not me.

http://www.peter-ould.net/2012/12/07/gay-marriage-and-the-effect-on-heterosexual-marriage/

Reading this unbias piece even the author can find corralation in the decline of marriage rates in Spain when SSM was introduced.

So again. How id destroying marriage to benefit society?

And nothing to do with a rise in co-habitation, at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Im going to quote this again. I suspect everyone capable of basic maths and that no explanation is needed.

The rate is clearly falling, from 4.0 to 3.6! How can you deny that?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You won't read it because it contradicts your narrow minded view. I said that to you not one hour ago. Remember?

The opinion piece sums up very well alot of the questions you will ask here. You should read it.

I have a question for you. Why do you wish to destroy marriage. How is it in anyones interests to do so. Do you understand the impact this will have on society?

Explain it yourself. How will marriage be destroyed and what impact do you think it will have?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bobcoffee

I kind of agree with the OP.
    Its about time we get some tipp-ex and go to the part that says it can only be man and woman, do some creative work.
    Its not worth the discussion because it is so lame and cruel that discussing it just brings power to the idea that gay people are a sin (of sorts)
    Lets pretend that we don't live in a backward country, let them get married and just work on discussion jobs :P

Edit: As someone who comes from a borken'ish home.. slightly uneducated (spent time taken drugs in fields) and all that.
    I can easily see how gay marriage would undermine that current marriage system at hand.
    Since it has been proven that "gay families" have much higher rates for better lives for their kids.
    Good health and family support would just put the "normal" families to shame.
    Can't have that.

Advertisement