Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork 100K Cycle 31st August

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

Nice cycle. Will be back next year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

I normally stay away from cycles run by GAA clubs, I prefer to give the reg fee to worthwhile charities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

mamax wrote: »
    I normally stay away from cycles run by GAA clubs, I prefer to give the reg fee to worthwhile charities.

I see your point but it's also nice to support something in the local community especially since my 3 sons, and their school friends, will pass through this particular GAA club.

Also charities aren't as wholesome as many people think. A quick peruse of their accounts will show that the admin costs of several charities are extra-ordinarily high. Only a small amount of the money donated trickles down to be given away.

The pension schemes of management is also laughable in some cases.

Just saying that so that you'll pick the best charity you can if you are raising money for one.

Peace. :)

Advertisement