Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BCD repairs

Options
  • 05-07-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I've developed a small tear in my BCD and I'm just wondering would anyone have any idea where I could get it fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Moocifer wrote: »
    I've developed a small tear in my BCD and I'm just wondering would anyone have any idea where I could get it fixed?

When you say a "small tear in my BCD", do you mean in the bladder or in the material of the BCD?
    Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Moocifer

Its actually only in a small mesh pocket on the front not the main part, I put something a bit too heavy into it and it burst straight through. Duct tape is holding it in place at the moment but I'm just sick of looking at it :-)

I'm Wexford based.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I've had some repairs done to straps and the like on my BCD done by a guy called Ciaran Mackin.

He knows absolutely nothing about diving except what I've told him, but what he does know about (and have the equipment for) is heavy duty sewing.

He does repairs to luggage and stuff, based in Mackin's Leathergoods in Park Street in Dundalk.

So, try to get yourself to Dundalk, or else maybe there's another luggage repairer closer to you. Alternatively, possibly a shoe repairer could help you.

Advertisement