Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic 2006 stereo front fascia upgrade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's a saloon in both the pics. The hatch is different.
    Is yours a hatch or saloon?
    I think a boards member (kopperberg strawberry and lime) hasthe fascia adaptor you're looking for (assuming yours is a hatchback)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Drayton Close

Hi Colm, thanks for replying, mine is a 4dr saloon not the hatch.

I'd imagine searching for a part for hybrid would be easier? Same I'd say.

Model code is fd2, that might help the search

The Japanese model had a double DIN (well close anyway) stereo so they definitely exist.

In the USA the dealers do a double DIN part, so its worth trying a Honda dealer.

Here is the guide for a LHD car to give you an idea of what's involved
    http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-honda-civic-audio/37564-diy-aftermarket-radio-install-ex.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Drayton Close

That's the one - but i'm looking for a local person/place that might have it in stock...
    Find it hard to believe that no one in Ireland supplies these things, are there no more of those 'pimp my ride' stores that were ever prevalent in the mid 2000's?

• Advertisement

Reasons you don't find them locally:
    Civic has a standard CD and most owners are happy with it
    That model (Irish spec saloon) isn't really owned by enthusiasts, the JDM imports already have the adaptor fitted.
    They aren't a very popular car
    Dash for LHD and RHD is different so probably sourced outside Europe

Advertisement