Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to remove wires from ISO connector

• 11-01-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Can anyone please advise how I go about removing the wires from the large ISO connector block in the photo below?

5mz9d4.jpg

Need to swap over the permanent and switched live for a new headunit. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cut the wires and crimp on some bullet connectors so its reversible again?

6kpa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Cheers Colm.

I don't have a crimping tool or connectors. That's why I was looking for info on removing them from the connector intact.

Crimping tool can be got in €2 shop. Hopefully you'd get 4 goes of it before it breaks ;)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Crimping tool can be got in €2 shop. Hopefully you'd get 4 goes of it before it breaks ;)

Connectors too?

They usually come with connections. They wouldn't be suitable though. Maplin sell the connectors,

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They usually come with connections. They wouldn't be suitable though. Maplin sell the connectors,

Bought some connectors in Halfords. They did the job but the crimper I had was crap.

BTW cut the red(switched live ACC) and yellow(constant +12V) wires on the wiring loom that came with the headunit and used the bullet connectors on them. Sorted the issue of the radio losing it's preset radio stations.

Advertisement