Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rabbit found in co.limerick

Options
  • 14-02-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

hi there ,

last night the 13th of feb my hubby was on his way home from work when he saw a lovely black and white pet rabbit on the road....it was going to be killed do he brought him home..

he tried all the houses in the immediate area but no one owns him..:confused:

so if anyone from adare in co.limerick is missing a rabbit please send me a pm....it would be lovely to get bugs home to his rightful home:)

i have contacted the local vets , petshop and its being announced on radio limerick...not much more i can do...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Good on you for taking the rabbit in, fair play.
    Sadly some people just release their rabbits when they get bored with them, sometimes wild ones breed with domestics but if this rabbit is fairly ok around humans it's a domestic. Saying that even a domestic well handled rabbit can become very skittish over time when let run wild.

Ensure the bun has unlimited access to hay and fresh water, you prob. know this already but just in case.

Have you tried contacting Limerick Animal Welfare perhaps their owner has contacted them already reporting their bun missing.
    Fingers crossed he/she finds her owners or a good home, although they are so sweet perhaps you'll end up keeping him/her lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

thanks guineapigrescue!!

well i went to the petshop near by today and i bought rabbit food..and saw dust stuff for bedding...bugs had eaten a few carrots over night and settled well...he was even brought into my bed this morning by the kids...:eek:

i'm not the best with rabbits i must admit but i would look after him!

well he hadn;t gone to the toilet all night..but as soon as i put the saw dust into the box for him, he hopped in and done his business so he is well trained!! bless his furry little paws but he must have been holding his weee all night till he had proper facilities :D

we have 2 asthmatics in teh house who have taken an allergic reaction to bugs so my friend came and collected him this evening and she will keep him until we find his owner or if we don't find the owner she will keep him as her forever bunny :)

i would love to find the owner...he is such a cuddly fellow i'm sure theres someone somewhere missing him...

Advertisement