Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy really depressed

Options
  • 12-02-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi there i hope some one can help me!!

My 9 month old bichon Star has been really depressed lately and is just not her usual self - She recently finished her heat for the first time and since then she has been mopping around not wanting to do anything.

Can any one advise how to snap her out of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Brainz wrote: »
    Hi there i hope some one can help me!!

My 9 month old bichon Star has been really depressed lately and is just not her usual self - She recently went into heat for the first time and since then she has been mopping around not wanting to do anything.

Can any one advise how to snap her out of this?

Distract her with a new toy , a new type of food if you know any other friendly dogs (that are small and harmless) they give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

Get her to a vet as soon as possible, it could be nothing but it also could be extremely serious, if you have any synulox give it to her.

I hope its nothing serious but I lost a bitch to pyometra a few years back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyometra

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yeh, I would get the pup to the vet asap it could be anything. At least it would give you peace of mind, also perhaps talk to the vet about having her spayed.
    If a pet if off form take it to the vet rather than waiting for advice on a board (no offence meant) it's just that puppies especially can go downhill quickly and it also gives you peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Just backing up the posts saying bring her to a vet. Depressed animals are often sick animals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Buy it a puppy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

dahamsta wrote: »
    Buy it a puppy.

..........please, stop giving advice.

On topic, like everyone else is saying, bring your puppy to the vet. It could be nothing, but it could also be something more sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

looserock wrote: »
    I hope its nothing serious but I lost a bitch to pyometra a few years back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyometra

thanks for the info....its good to know. (and sorry bout your loss)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

dahamsta wrote: »
    Buy it a puppy.

Were your previous 13000 posts as helpful as this one ? !

Dogs don't usually get "depressed" just ill. Get to a vet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

was bringing her the vet tomorrow morning but the last couple of days she seems a thousand times better so i reckon it was a 'stage' she was going through rang the vet and he told me not to be worried if shes perked up.

thanks for all the advice lads apart from the one IDIOT.

Advertisement