Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kevin, the teenager on RTE in the 90's.

• 17-03-2007 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

This is driving me a bit mad. Does anyone else remember like a teen presenter on RTE in the 90's. He was called Kevin and did maybe a show on Saturday morning. Anyone know what happened to him or where he is now? Or does anyone else even remember him, I'm sorry I dont have much more detail! And does anyone also remember that show on RTE on Saturday mornings where contestants on it would get gunged? What was that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Bleedin' Rapid, Kevo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Rapid, that does ring a bell alright!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Annoying git. I remember him doing the Stream program, gaming review thing. He has his own gathering card on boards too, here.

'Gran Terismo on teh Playstayshun Teeew'

Yeah Yeah, its all coming back now!!! Stream...jaysus thats years ago!

Physiquiz was the other one on Saturday, "AH YEAH, TWO POINTS SO FAR, YEAH GO ON DERE!":mad:

• Advertisement

And here was me thinking I might be the only one who remembers him haha...Wonder where he is now though...

Seems to have vanished off the face of Dublin. :) *starts Find Kevo campaign* Maybe he doesn't want to be found, I wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I do remember the brillant AH thread with all the photoshopped images of him.

"Twas Bleedin' rapid and all dat!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

ah fizzy quiz! I still remember the theme clearly!

points there for the belew team.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what was the name of the show that had a wall with velcro and you had to throw balls at it, the wall turned then it was throwing frisbees into a letter box hole.

that dude was awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cremo wrote:
    what was the name of the show that had a wall with velcro and you had to throw balls at it, the wall turned then it was throwing frisbees into a letter box hole.
    Wasn't that a game on Echo Island?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

kev.jpg

kevomagic.jpg

basquille wrote:
    dunno, that's all i could remember and that kevo was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Cremo wrote:

that dude was awesome.

That was fizzy quiz. jayzuz that was a cool show! oh so 90's! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I was in the Audience on Scratch Saturday once with a few of my mates, and after being thrown into the corner of the set by King of the Gingers, Andy Ruane, we were next to BleedinRapidKevo(tm) while he was dressed in a Robin Costume for some sketch. Even more charming, was his way with us kids "Touch f*ckin nuffin, or I'll f*ckin kills ye all". Classy guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Was that lad's name O'connell by any chance?? Something tells me it was, but I'm not 100% sure :confused:

God he was extremely annoying - how he got on so many shows is beyond me :confused:

he was owned by rté lol, he was cheap labour.

He also done a game review thingy for the Sunday World at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

He was the boy that grew up too fast. Or too slow. I can't tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

my first televisic encounter with him was the late late toy show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

He wrecked my head :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Oh No! look what someone uploaded
    http://rapidshare.com/files/21874581/kevo.zip.html

:eek: Looks like the images from the Photoshop days on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Kojak wrote:
    Was that lad's name O'connell by any chance?? Something tells me it was, but I'm not 100% sure :confused:

God he was extremely annoying - how he got on so many shows is beyond me :confused:

Yes it was Kevin O'Connell...gosh the memories of scratch Saturday (wasn't that after the days of grabbit and fetchit and pajo??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

I met him twice. Once a few years ago at the launch of Playstation 2 in the Redbox and once a few months ago in RiRa when Kathryn Thomas and John Aldridge and all were there as well ( think there was some charity "You're a Star" type thing on at the time) Needless to say we hassled him for the entire night both times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

bleeding remember him with gaybo on de toyshow

we should lock this tread rapidly before we turn crazy.......

wonder is he buyin a ps3:D

legs11 wrote:
    bleeding remember him with gaybo on de toyshow

we should lock this tread rapidly before we turn crazy.......

wonder is he buyin a ps3:D

Nah he already has the PS 4. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

MiniMetro wrote:
    I met him twice. Once a few years ago at the launch of Playstation 2 in the Redbox and once a few months ago in RiRa when Kathryn Thomas and John Aldridge and all were there as well ( think there was some charity "You're a Star" type thing on at the time) Needless to say we hassled him for the entire night both times.

really is in tv?

and hmm kathryn Thomas in real life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 mogsy

myself and a mate of mine came across him in burger king on oconnell street about a year ago, we gave him the whole alrite kev thing to which he replied howrya and gave us the thumbs up, he had a chirpy skanger mate with him who got thick about us trying to talk to kev so we left him be and got on with the eating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I seen him on a prog. on RTE 2 just around X-mas time. He hasn't changed much except he is a little taller and his voice has deepened.

He first came to prominence "reedin' bukes" on the Toy Show. After that, Donnybrook was his Oyster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

I saw him this afternoon, was walking past him in a pub, and immediately thought of this thread. Had a good laugh to myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

Jamey wrote:
    Yeah Yeah, its all coming back now!!! Stream...jaysus thats years ago!
    I remember he used to present Quiz Stream in that green Star Trek style yoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Kevo has been snapped up by BBC 2. He's taken Jeremey Paxman's place on Newsnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ClarenceOveur

basquille wrote:

Was it not that crap prog The Works with your man from Bull Island (which was crap) and Mary "Are ye laughing?" Kingston...

Iotas etc

*shudder*

I'd forgotten all about the Iota, and *shudder* "Are you laughing?". Mary Kingston must have really been at it under the sheets with the DG of RTE, there's no other possible explanation how someone so talentless could forge a career with the National Broadcaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ClarenceOveur

Yeah, I remember at the time being torn between preferring the ones on BBC where they covered you in green goop and you fell down slides and such, and The Works where you had Kev screaming in your ear.

"One sticky ball thats deadly one sticky ball so far keep it up thTWO sticky balls class yeah keep throwin dem keep thrTHREE STICKY BALLS THIS IS THE HIGHEST SO FAR EVER".

Actually, I wasnt torn between them at all. We didnt have fancy foreign channels so it was The Works and Glenroe for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

(wasn't that after the days of grabbit and fetchit and pajo??)

lol Pajo!! Wasn't he the rat with the pink mohawk??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheridan

I was on Physiquiz circa June 1994 and almost brained the Kevmeister with a premature frisbee during the rehearsal. He spent most of his time hiding between the props to avoid the shrill entreaties of my demob-happy classmates in the audience. Our reward for winning the quiz was a trashy walkman apiece, which the production people retrieved from us after the show; apparently they needed them for further tapings (took them about 4 months to get them to us.)

Oddly enough, the other presenter was Barry Murphy of Aprés Match fame. He looked bored out of his tree, as you can imagine. I was somewhat startled to see him crop up on oddball late-night show The End later that year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Sheridan wrote:
    Oddly enough, the other presenter was Barry Murphy of Aprés Match fame. He looked bored out of his tree, as you can imagine. I was somewhat startled to see him crop up on oddball late-night show The End later that year.
    No way!!! I don't ever remember him being on Physiquiz....I wonder is he as embarrassed about it as Dara O'Briain is about Echo Island???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Met him recently at a poker tournament. Very nice fella. Seemed amused that I knew him "after all these year. Jaysus man you musta been a toddler" Well I was hardly watching late late toy show in my thirties!

Ended up knocking him out which was nice.

Edit: He now works behind the scenes apparantly (where the magic happens so to speak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Yep, he's a friend of my cousins.

Him and another guy from RTE (better looking, if a bit effeminate) are often to be seen on ground level bar in Bruxelles early on Saturdays...about 6->9, before they go to Lillies.

He's alright I think, his 15 mins are well and truly up. Gonna print this out and give it to him next time I see him...he'll be chuffed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

I might leave my bit out of the print-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yellowellie

I always had it in my head that he was Brenda Donoghue's son!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He is. He's the love child of her and Gerry Ryan.

I would have said the love child of her, and Brendan O'Carroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ned78 wrote:
    Brendan O'Carroll.
    Y'know, I've gone years without having that hateful dwarf in my brain.

Thanks for putting him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

doesn't Kevo do the Books segment on the Late Late Toy Show?

• Advertisement
Advertisement