Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I don't know if anyone has used one of these, but they seem a good deal, (certainly if the RRP is to be believed).

Halfords Bikehut Folding Bike Workstand -
    €40.00
    WAS €134.99 *
    SAVE €94.99 (70%)

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/tools-maintenance/bike-tools/bikehut-folding-bike-workstand#tab1

Also, Muc-Off 3 in 1 Essential Bike Care Kit €5.00

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/tools-maintenance/cleaning-lube/muc-off-3-in-1-essential-bike-care-kit#tab1

Cheers Smokey, got the bike stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭delynet

longshanks wrote: »
    Cheers Smokey, got the bike stand.

Picked a stand up today too. Very sturdy. Thanks Smokey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Got a bike stand too, very strong and sturdy item and folds up very nearly too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Conti tyre/tube flash sale on sportpursuit.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Radial

If anyone's in the market for a pair of these the best value I could find was 75.81 euro from Merlin inc postage, with 2 free tubes. A good price.

http://www.merlincycles.com/pair-continental-gp4000-s-ii-tyres-with-2-free-innertubes-71989.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Old, wider version (35mm) of Racing Ralph folding cyclocross tyre, made with the best compound Schwalbe has in offer (Evolution) - only 13.99GBP:

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/schwalbe-racing-ralph-evo-hs351-folding-tyre-700c-%28622%29-prod27463/

I'm buying two for myself, but the S&H is traditionally crazy with SJS cycles - they want 18GBP for delivery of 4 tyres to Dublin or 15GBP for delivery to NI (Parcelmotel)

If anyone wants a pair, PM me - we can split the shipping cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Alek wrote: »
    Old, wider version (35mm) of Racing Ralph folding cyclocross tyre, made with the best compound Schwalbe has in offer (Evolution) - only 13.99GBP:

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/schwalbe-racing-ralph-evo-hs351-folding-tyre-700c-%28622%29-prod27463/

I'm buying two for myself, but the S&H is traditionally crazy with SJS cycles - they want 18GBP for delivery of 4 tyres to Dublin or 15GBP for delivery to NI (Parcelmotel)

If anyone wants a pair, PM me - we can split the shipping cost.

I live in London, if its cheaper to have them delivered to my place there and then forwarded on by all means do that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Has anyone's Belkin gear arrived yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dexty

yip, mine did in about 2 days! (i do live in the UK though!) The gear is great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

dexty wrote: »
    yip, mine did in about 2 days! (i do live in the UK though!) The gear is great

How is the fitting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

gaffmaster wrote: »
    Has anyone's Belkin gear arrived yet?

Mine has been delivered but Im in hospital so haven't seen it yet. Only the first small order I made went through though 2 more were cancelled.

sizing is fine, normal, not Italian -2 sizes!!lol

I see all the cheap £12.50 bibs and jerseys are gone! U reckon it was a mistake/typo them prices?

I also live in London and mine never arrived. They called me the day after I ordered to confirm CC details, and I received an order successful email shortly after but I fear they might have been out of stock by the time they got through to me to confirm details. Annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Part of my order arrived today(UK). Good quality Jersey. Waiting on another jersey and bib which have 'not yet shipped' status. I had also received confirmation call about CC details after ordering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELECTRON-TERRA-MINI-CYCLING-BIKE-RECHARGEABLE-LED-LIGHT-SYSTEM-/400750935755?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Looks like a great light for the money and free delivery too. Anywhere Ive looked it retails for 50-60 GBP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

Duplicate post sorry.

165 lumen and 4 hours runtime? Doesn't sound too good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

There are far better out there, generally for cheaper as well, look for the Cree LED systems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

slfcarro5 wrote: »
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELECTRON-TERRA-MINI-CYCLING-BIKE-RECHARGEABLE-LED-LIGHT-SYSTEM-/400750935755?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Looks like a great light for the money and free delivery too. Anywhere Ive looked it retails for 50-60 GBP.

Cheaper here and they have it on offer all summer.

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/electron_terra_mini_liion_rechargeable_bike_front_light-ID_57990

For 25e its a good deal though...

Frankly I wouldn't go for those external battery-powered CREE systems from ebay... Not too convenient for me, all these cables, boxes and all... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ciaran OHara

No belkin gear for me despite ordering it on the 25th and living in the uk, not happy.

gaffmaster wrote: »
    I also live in London and mine never arrived. They called me the day after I ordered to confirm CC details, and I received an order successful email shortly after but I fear they might have been out of stock by the time they got through to me to confirm details. Annoying.

Update: They cancelled my order without letting me know. It's really annoying that their security system delayed my order to the point of none of the items being in stock anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

Back to the Bike stand momentarily with Halfords @ €40.

I picked it up last night after reserving it (no obligation) with the Blanchardstown Store

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/tools-maintenance/bike-tools/bikehut-folding-bike-workstand

Very sturdy and well with the €40!

Update on the Racing Raplh EVO folding tyres (35-622): after emailing SJScycles, they have agreed to send them to Northern Ireland for 6.99GBP.

13.99 GBP x 2 + 6.99 GBP + 4EUR (parcelmotel) = 48 euro for a pair of very light and supple cyclocross tyres (340g each).

This is less than a single Racing Ralph tyre locally.

Also, received Pacific Outdoor Underseater bag. At the first sight, I know this is the best quality saddle bag I've ever seen. Klickfix mount, waterproof, really well made (sealed seams). Only 5.99 in SJS:

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/pacific-underseaters-saddle-bag-black-chrome-prod29102/

(small is 1/2 size of the one pictured)

Update on the Racing Raplh EVO folding tyres (35-622): after emailing SJScycles, they have agreed to send them to Northern Ireland for 6.99GBP.

13.99 GBP x 2 + 6.99 GBP + 4EUR (parcelmotel) = 48 euro for a pair of very light and supple cyclocross tyres (340g each).

This is less than a single Racing Ralph tyre locally.

Also, received Pacific Outdoor Underseater bag. At the first sight, I know this is the best quality saddle bag I've ever seen. Klickfix mount, waterproof, really well made (sealed seams). Only 5.99 in SJS:

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/pacific-underseaters-saddle-bag-black-chrome-prod29102/

(small is 1/2 size of the one pictured)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

I was over in halfords liffey valley and they had a lot of Muc Off gift sets downstairs. Link. I think its cheap anyway. You get:

1 litre Muc off cleaner spray (same as this)
    50ml wet lube (same as this)
    A wee sponge (same as this I think)

€12

That's not bad. The spray and lube come to €14.50 on CRC and I bet the sponge is amazing :)

This set is now €5 - reserve two for €8.75 - seems to be available in most stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Just reserved 2 for €8.75 seems like a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

Just pulled the trigger on that deal. Can't say fairer than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Also reserved some, thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Chain reaction discount code for 6euro off use SEPT by end of this weekend

Chain reaction discount code for 6euro off use SEPT by end of this weekend

...on 60eur minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Halfords in Navan have some Adidas bib shorts for €15 in L and XL , too big for me. I picked up a pair of Gore bib shorts for €30, really good pad in thrm. 3 or 4 racks of jerseys and jackets there, some seems decent stuff.

Thule ProRide 591 Roof Mount Bike Carrier €99.99 BUY ONE GET ONE HALF PRICE

http://www.halfords.ie/camping-car-seats/bike-racks-cycle-carriers/bike-racks-cycle-carriers/thule-proride-591-roof-mount-bike-carrier

I just got pair of them for €149.98 great value seeing that I needed a pair.

I could suggest that if anyone only needs one then solicit a partner and divide the cost i.e €74.99 each!

PS I'm not an employee of Halfords or will ever be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

Allabaah wrote: »
    PS I'm not an employee of Halfords or will ever be!

[skeptical] That's exactly what a Halfords employee would say [/skeptical]

seany15 wrote: »
    [skeptical] That's exactly what a Halfords employee would say [/skeptical]

If you only knew the truth! I'm far from it believe me but a good bargain is still a good bargain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Halfords in Navan have some Adidas bib shorts for €15 in L and XL , too big for me. I picked up a pair of Gore bib shorts for €30, really good pad in thrm. 3 or 4 racks of jerseys and jackets there, some seems decent stuff.

I bought a pair of the adidas ones last time halfords had them discounted. They're not great,

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Bigron78

Anybody know what size bottle is included in Muc-Off Bundle deal in Halfords?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

Bigron78 wrote: »
    Anybody know what size bottle is included in Muc-Off Bundle deal in Halfords?

Bigron, its a 1 lt bottle. Great value if there are any left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭djtwigster

don'y forget your axa card lads brings it down to €7.88 for 2 packs.

djtwigster wrote: »
    don'y forget your axa card lads brings it down to €7.88 for 2 packs.

They don't take it in some stores as it's already reduced.

Picked up 2 today. Great bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Picked up 2, packaging slightly damaged and stuck back together. That the same for all? I didn't mind though as i ended up with an extra wet lube in one of the packs.

Any left in Halfords Coolock? I cannot reserve via website for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Bambaata wrote: »
    Picked up 2, packaging slightly damaged and stuck back together. That the same for all? I didn't mind though as i ended up with an extra wet lube in one of the packs.

yeah boxes were in bits when I got my 2.

Yeah mine were a bit battered aswell. They're marked as gift sets so probably stock from last Christmas/fathers day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Collected my 2 cleaning kits from Halfords today, works well. Apparently my bike also comes in white :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Kinet1c wrote: »
    Collected my 2 cleaning kits from Halfords today, works well. Apparently my bike also comes in white :D

Just ordered mine from Blanch (as all the others around me don't provide this offer?!?), at least I will get a longer spin in tomorrow on the way home.

Just done the same. It seems Blanch is the only store that have them still in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Got two in Artane yesterday, battered boxes as well.

Got home and the lube was missing from one of the packs , assistant kindly gave me one of the full size bottles of lube for free ( 120mL vs 50 mL in the pack)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement