Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Passat power points!

• 10-12-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Ok, I'm looking for a power point close to my dash to save routering through fire wall. Is this what I'm looking for?
    Both pictures are relay board under steering wheel, second one is base off relay board... fld345.jpg
    2lwqfdz.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

28wkl0y.jpg

Well, anyone!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What are you looking to power?

I will be adding a new socket, I will be adding new interior lighting, and I will be running a positive(live)to a new separate front fog switch.. Actually I will be running interior lighting from a switch. Probably some other stuff in the future, I have a dash accident camera just plugged into cig socket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Won't you have to run wiring from the switch to the fogs? Are you using a relay for the fogs?

Yes I'm using a relay and I have access through firewall, I just don't want to be using battery terminal every time I want to do a bit off wiring!

• Advertisement

Anyone know if I can tap into these terminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

ardle1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can tap into these terminals.

75x is a switched 12v afaik. Verify with multimeter, but I think I used that for a car kit before.
    You using that as signal for the fog lights relay? Or power?
    Id prefer to switch a tap from the parking lights as signal, and take power from battery but hey, thats me.

Should be fine for other stuff, use an inline fuse maybe?

75x is a switched 12v afaik. Verify with multimeter, but I think I used that for a car kit before.
    You using that as signal for the fog lights relay? Or power?
    Id prefer to switch a tap from the parking lights as signal, and take power from battery but hey, thats me.

Should be fine for other stuff, use an inline fuse maybe?

And what about the 2 terminals beside 75x, I assume I can just check with multimeter and hook up whatever I like. Am I right:confused: it's not gonna cause any harm or take any power away from something else!!All those power points would be perfect location for me, Anyone have a definitive answer...

Just throwing this back out there..... Oh and Happy Christmas to all ��

Hi just thought I'd update my thread in case anyone is looking for in car power points on their VW Passat http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6026238-Under-dash-fuse-power-flow-75x-30-30a-87-f-diesel&p=81974822#post81974822

• Advertisement
Advertisement