Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

e46 single din head unit upgrade. Philips.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

I have the iPhone one, fitted. It works very well. Never had a spot of bother with it. Just works..
    For that money, I did expect it to be crap, but it wasn't. It even sounds ok..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I have the iPhone one, fitted. It works very well. Never had a spot of bother with it. Just works..
    For that money, I did expect it to be crap, but it wasn't. It even sounds ok..!

cheers for the reply man! yeah I think I'm just going to buy it to be honest. The tape deck in my yoke is starting to. annoy me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭hanloj1

A friend at work bought a second hand one of these. He thinks it's a great job.

hanloj1 wrote: »
    A friend at work bought a second hand one of these. He thinks it's a great job.

I concur. Had mine for a year now, still going perfectly :)

Well I bought it. Slick looking piece of kit. Just wait I g for the mounting kit to arrive from eBay. Cheers fellas.

• Advertisement

Does it charge your phone too?

It charges an iPhone.

Does it charge your phone too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I bought one for my BMW and it looked grand in the car the only annoying thing i found with it was the App its ****e and if you choose not to install the App the stereo automatically sets on repeat for the songs. I got rid of it after a while but it was decent for the money. It does charge and play so thats handy. The radio reception doesnt always tune into the strongest signal so there is times when the volume seems low and then when it gets a better signal it gets louder???

I posted this in the main motors forum, but i figured I should update here.

This is the finished job, with the head unit in place:

288449.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

sorry to say this now but in my experience, Philips head units are very shoddy pieces of equipment.

I had two of them and both had audio output issues and a very bad fm radio. E.g the af function never worked as it was suppose to. Instead automatically changing to the strongest frequency of the station I was listening to it would tune into a completely different station, usually news talk.

there was also interference/reception issues where you would be listening to one station and another station would be present in the background.

Imo it's well worth it to spend a bit extra and get either an alpine or a pioneer. Both are far, far superior to philips's junk.

The philips is great for me as it allows me to pop my phone in. Calls/GPS/Music in one and it charges at the same time, and also doesn't require another holder/stand. Don't really listen to the radio, so it doesn't bother me.

It cost me 129, so if i decide it's in need of replacement in a year then so be it.

Advertisement