Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Sunvic 307 XLS

Options
  • 07-08-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi

I have a Sunvic 307 XLS controlling the upstairs rad, downstairs rads and the Hot water circuit, all with motorised valves beside the gas boiler.
    This morning the water would not heat but both rad circuits were fine. The motorised valves for the rad circuits powered up OK but the Hot water circuit valve did not power up

When I reset the controller I get the 2PU indicator flashing on the display which I think means that the controller only recognises 2 pumped circuits.

Has anyone out there got any ideas as to what might be wrong?

This is the second 307 XLS controller in 5 years to malfunction

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jedstaff

You're better off changing to a different brand. I had 3 in my own house and all went haywire! Also fitted them on jobs and had to replace them a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

It's a poor clock. The 2pu is two on off times per day. I would consider changing it to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm also on my second 307XLS and it has packed in too. I had the first one replaced under warranty but now it's also faulty.

They both had exactly the same fault - the boiler didn't fire up and I found the programmer screen blank. I pressed the reset button and all appeared to be OK but when I switched the heating on I discovered that the programmer would only support the operation of one channel at a time. If I switch on a second channel the a relay inside clicks continuously and the display flashes.

I haven't replaced it yet and I am strongly considering getting a different brand of programmer. I did call into my local electrical wholesaler but the only 3 channel he stocks is a Sunvic. He said they have rectified that fault which was due to inferior chinese relays. I don't know whether that's the truth or or just fairy tale to sell the last and very dusty Sunvic 3 channel he had............

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Anthonyk2010

My second 307 has just gone, can anyone recommend a top quality 3channel timer that is wired the same way as the sunvic 307.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Someone told me recently that they have now completely redesigned the electronics of this clock (don't hold me too it though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

DGOBS wrote: »
    Someone told me recently that they have now completely redesigned the electronics of this clock (don't hold me too it though)

This is correct - The original Sunvic timer was actually a Chinese primary school project that accidentally got released onto the international market - four 6 year old students got D grades for it as they are horrible to use and then unfortunately usually break two weeks outside of the warranty period.

- If anyone finds this thread while researching Sunvics failings as I have then hopefully we'll get recommendations for a reliable, well designed replacement on this new thread I just posted - link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Raiser wrote: »

This is correct - The original Sunvic timer was actually a Chinese primary school project that accidentally got released onto the international market - four 6 year old students got D grades for it as they are horrible to use and then unfortunately usually break two weeks outside of the warranty period.

- If anyone finds this thread while researching Sunvics failings as I have then hopefully we'll get recommendations for a reliable, well designed replacement on this new thread I just posted - link
    I always install the Horstmann H37XL when installing a 3 zone system. Never had one single issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thanks for that Shane - Exactly what I wanted..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Or try a Sauter T37 great piece of kit and a 5 year warranty.

Advertisement