Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name That Guitar

Options
  • 29-06-2015 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me the make / model of this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Looks like something very much in the D'Aquisto style. If not a D'Aquisto then something trying to reference or replicate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

kevin65 wrote: »

This. One of the classic jazz guitars from the 30s and 40s. Died out as a brand in the 60s maybe (not certain but the founder died and I never heard much about them until they relaunched). D'Aquisto worked for them and set up his own company. Someone bought the D'Angelico brand around the turn of the millenium.
    I always find it hard to warm to old brands relaunched like this. It can work if done really well if they can really draw some sort of lineage. Otherwise it seems like a marketing stunt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Can anyone tell me the make / model of this?

It's this is it not?

http://dangelicoguitars.com/guitars/standard-series/exl-1/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I actually went on to their website originally, fully believing it to be a D'Angelico, but managed to completely miss the very model there.

D'Aquisto tended to use broken block inlays for his guitars anyway from what I've seen.

I wouldn't buy a Korean D'Angelico personally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement