Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refret or replace?

• 26-05-2015 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a Tanglewood TW115 ST acoustic guitar which has served me well for 8 years, from beginner to intermediate stage. It is now in need of re-fretting (at least 5 frets) :(

I can buy the updated model for under €400, is it worth repairing or should I just bite the bullet and replace it?

If so any recommendations for other brands sub €400?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

call a luthier and ask how much.

if it was ME, I'd do it myself and it'd take about 2 hrs, so a wild guess would be €50 -100

depends on how much you want to put into a guitar that you can buy new for under €300.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

I'd be inclined to buy another guitar (habit at this stage). I'd park up the old one until sometime you feel a bit flush and get it refretted then. I always regretted trading my first guitar even though it was unplayable really. Would give good coin to have it back. Never sold one since.
    Put your Tanglewood in a case and play it from time to time. Also, I'd save up and spend a few quid more. No point getting another pretty much the same. You're probably at a level by now where you would appreciate something pricier. Obviously only if it's doable for you.

Advertisement