Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Cashback

Options
  • 05-06-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭

I bought a laptop a month ago based on a price that included a 75 euro cashback offer.
    However now that I have waited the 30 days necessary to claim my cashback it says during the application that its open to residents of the UK only, surely this isnt right when they were advertising it on Irish websites (these would be uk companies who operate uk websites and irish ones too).

This was advertised though numerous .ie websites. eg . http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/bd/lenovo-cashback .
    I did follow the next link which again did not mention the UK only term but has a further link to terms and conditions which does mention it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Balmed Out wrote: »
    I bought a laptop a month ago based on a price that included a 75 euro cashback offer.
    However now that I have waited the 30 days necessary to claim my cashback it says during the application that its open to residents of the UK only, surely this isnt right when they were advertising it on Irish websites (these would be uk companies who operate uk websites and irish ones too).

This was advertised though numerous .ie websites. eg . http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/bd/lenovo-cashback .
    I did follow the next link which again did not mention the UK only term but has a further link to terms and conditions which does mention it.
    If an irish company advertised this offer than they must stand over it especially if it was advertised as 75 cashback and not £75 cashback. Otherwise you may have a case for false advertising as you have entered a contract on the basis that the price includes a cashback offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

not an irish company and the add is in sterling but its a .ie website clearly aimed at Irish consumers?

Advertisement