Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liga complaint (Jacob Fruitfield)

Options
  • 02-06-2013 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

I found a defect with some Liga biscuits I purchased in tesco recently where the biscuit which is still sealed in on packet has chunks missing out of it.

I want to contact the supplier but they don't seem to have their own website anymore and veleo foods (The people who now own Jacob Fruitfield) don't have an email address that I can find.

If anyone knows how best I can report this complaint that'd be excellent.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Old fashioned letter?

Though, I'm not so sure how hard you looked: http://www.valeofoods.ie/Contact/Email-Us.54.1.aspx is under the "Contact Us" section :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Gru

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Old fashioned letter?

Though, I'm not so sure how hard you looked: http://www.valeofoods.ie/Contact/Email-Us.54.1.aspx is under the "Contact Us" section :)

haha, Oh I saw that don't worry :pac: I was hoping for an email so I could send an image as proof as apposed to those kind of send a message that may never be seen.

Thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

all they need is the lot number from the end panel on the box. no need for a photo.
    they will send out a box for the entire package so you they will see the problen when they receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pressurised Container

If you call 01 405 1500 you can speak to there complaints dept explain the problem and they will send out a sae. I had a similar complaint and they just sent me a replacement product something to do with machine not knocking it off when it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Your contract is with Tesco, so technically you should go to them.

However, Liga will probably appreciate you going directly to them (send an email with some photos if you can get contact details) and you might get loads of free stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Gru

Thanks for the help everyone!

Your contract is with Tesco, so technically you should go to them.

However, Liga will probably appreciate you going directly to them (send an email with some photos if you can get contact details) and you might get loads of free stuff!

You can do it through Tesco too, if you want to. Tesco will enter the details on the computer at the customer service desk and give you a copy of the details, then they will contact Fruitfield and send them back in the box when it arrives and contact you when the replacement and the explanation comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

While, technically, your contract is with Tesco, you will get a swifter and 'better' response if you go to Valeo foods directly.
    Having experience in this area, within the supermarkets, they're not as interested in resolving this for you-items get lost, staff forget-its not a priority.
    However, the distributor/manufacturer usually has more of an interest in resolving this for you and most food companies have no issue with you contacting them directly about such issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Lyn256 wrote: »
    While, technically, your contract is with Tesco, you will get a swifter and 'better' response if you go to Valeo foods directly.
    Having experience in this area, within the supermarkets, they're not as interested in resolving this for you-items get lost, staff forget-its not a priority.
    However, the distributor/manufacturer usually has more of an interest in resolving this for you and most food companies have no issue with you contacting them directly about such issues.

+1 Tesco have no incentive to get to the root cause of the problem, they'll just refund you your money, toss the product in the bin and write it off as spoilage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

coylemj wrote: »
    +1 Tesco have no incentive to get to the root cause of the problem, they'll just refund you your money, toss the product in the bin and write it off as spoilage.

With customer complaints they do chase the suppliers up, it's in their best interest to.

They just don't dump products brought back from customers and refund them, they chase the suppliers themselves in order to get reimbursed for the product they compensated the customer for.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    With customer complaints they do chase the suppliers up, it's in their best interest to.

They just don't dump products brought back from customers and refund them, they chase the suppliers themselves in order to get reimbursed for the product they compensated the customer for.

They may track the number of issues with each supplier but if there is no history of faults (or they happen very intermittently) with a particular supplier, I suspect one-off cases are logged but not followed up for a refund which would not be an economic proposition for one box of biscuits.

They are logged and followed up until they are resolved.they can't be closed of the system until the customer is happy with the company response.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    They are logged and followed up until they are resolved.they can't be closed of the system until the customer is happy with the company response.

Where did you get that from? If Tesco gives the customer their money back then it's case closed.

You're suggesting that the customer can somehow keep the case open until they get an explanation they're satisfied with which is rubbish.

This is a case of damaged goods..
    Gru wrote: »
    I found a defect with some Liga biscuits I purchased in tesco recently where the biscuit which is still sealed in on packet has chunks missing out of it.

the customer's only redress is a refund.

Its Tesco policy can't speak for any other supermarket.

Advertisement