Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Head Office

Options
  • 01-06-2013 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Good day
    Has anyone had experience of dealing with Aldi Head Office and could perhaps tell me if I have any avenues to deal with the following.
    I notice they will not accept emails for a start- most companies do in this day and age. Secondly I have written to them twice on separate matters and not even had the courtesy of a reply on either occasion.
    The first letter was complaining that their supplier had not met the warranty on the item which had failed. I was now looking to them as the seller to do something about this failure. Most countries say the end purchaser has recourse to those he bought from and not have to go back say to China but Aldi refutes this by their actions.
    I have since written to the Consumer people who came back with -its outside their remit. I read the Act,pointed out some sections in it and wrote back. I have heard nothing up to now.
    The second was some suggestions.Most Companies would at least come back with reasons for or against.
    If our local store is anything to go by then Aldi are cleaning up and should have more care for their customers or are they run by Merkel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you go into the store where you purchased the product to speak with the manager? Just trying to build up a picture of the history here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Agree, I would only contact the supplier to offer support and to verify there is a fault.

After that I expect my local Aldi store to do the rest as they are the retailer.

How old is the item?

Is this the first issue since purchase?

Have you given Aldi 14 days to fix the problem, have they refused to deal with you altogether, if so SCC may be an option.

I remember when they came here first, they would replace or refund an item in store on the spot, no questions. I was working for a company who was getting a earful as they would always test the item first, then move to repair or replace etc. It seems to be all change now, bad move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

I've telephoned them on an item I refused to deal with the supplier on (well actually couldn't as the Irish phone number didn't work and they would not respond to emails), they contacted the store and arranged for a refund - without receipt.

Bit rough round the edges but I have found them excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bogjumper

May I answer all here.
    I originally tried to return item to store manager but they refused to accept and referred me to the help centre. They in turn told me to cut off the plug and post it with the warranty to the supplier in Wales for a refund which I did. Noresponse from them. Item is an oil heater.
    it was under 12 months old on 3 year warranty.Aldi have made no acknowledgement
    of my request as I originally indicated.
    Low Key Return I assume your item was under 60 days which is ok. But what puzzles me is their total refusal to deal with a customer. Looks like - maybe he will go away if we dont reply. Well I wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Bogjumper wrote: »
    May I answer all here.
    I originally tried to return item to store manager but they refused to accept and referred me to the help centre. They in turn told me to cut off the plug and post it with the warranty to the supplier in Wales for a refund which I did. Noresponse from them. Item is an oil heater.
    it was under 12 months old on 3 year warranty.Aldi have made no acknowledgement
    of my request as I originally indicated.
    Low Key Return I assume your item was under 60 days which is ok. But what puzzles me is their total refusal to deal with a customer. Looks like - maybe he will go away if we dont reply. Well I wont.

The shop where you bought the item are the only people obliged by law to deal with you and this can be by repair, replacing or refunding for the damaged item.

Firstly they have the right to verify the fault and then arrange a repair if they want to but this must take a reasonable time and should not drag on and on. if they repair it should be permanent and last for the expected life of the product. If the repair fails then you are in a much stronger position to insist on a replacement or refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you send the item via registered post / or via courier? Otherwise there really isn't any proof that it was received in Wales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Bogjumper wrote: »

Well over 60 days. More like 6 months. Just keep hammering them with this is a statutory right.

Advertisement