Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop keeps starting in safemode please help.

Options
  • 24-03-2009 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

laptop went crazy on me one morning , wouldn't let me start up . screen went blue and crashed, so i try reboot from safe mode , now it will only start up in safe mode even when i choose start windows normally , please dont tell me ive wreaked it , help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cahirhennessy

You could try clicking start,run and type msconfig. There click general and select normal setup. Re boot and see what happens. If it doesn't work my next step would be to do a system restore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

You could try clicking start,run and type msconfig. There click general and select normal setup. Re boot and see what happens. If it doesn't work my next step would be to do a system restore.

ive done everything you said to the letter to no avail. it said ive no restore points and config was allready at the start normally settings , i think ive knackered it up bigtime.is there anything else i can try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cahirhennessy

almanu wrote: »
    ive done everything you said to the letter to no avail. it said ive no restore points and config was allready at the start normally settings , i think ive knackered it up bigtime.is there anything else i can try

Do you have thw windows installation disk? If you boot from that it will give you an option to repair startup. It's worth a try(got me out of many a hole..)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

ok i knows nothing but this happened to me a few weeks ago ive done system restore and loads more nothing worked ...now when i turn on i keeps hittin f10 key deletes the word safemode hits return key and it works i have to do this every time i use laptop now.....you can try....

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ShakyJ

Are you still having issues?

Firstly what operating system are you using on the laptop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ShakyJ

Can you remember any info from the blue screen error?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

ShakyJ wrote: »
    Can you remember any info from the blue screen error?

yes im still having problems, im using vista home basic, i can remember it saying ram full then something about dump files, then it would just power down, then when i done a reboot it keeps starting in safe mode no matter if i choose the start normally option,im not really that bright when it comes to this stuff so id really apreciate any kind of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

just to say thanks ...done this and everything works again...so simple but i would never of got there...thanks again:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,857 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Almanu try opening up the bottom panel of the laptop and reseating the ram modules - take them out, carefully (mind static) and then place them back correctly and firmly into place.

Did you do anything that might have wrecked it? Dropped it, spilled liquid on it? Are you still in Warranty?

Advertisement