Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Ireland Home used through a SIP client?

Options
  • 16-01-2016 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I'm wondering if any of you know if it is possible to use a SIP client to access the Virgin Media home phone service?

I'm thinking it is but it may not be advertised, as their own mobile app allowing access to your home phone minutes must be doing exactly that.

I ask because I am a user of screen reading technology and their default iOS app requires a lot of work to make it accessible. There are much better iOS softphone apps out there and if I could get the necessary SIP settings I could configure another softphone to do what the Virgin app currently does.

Many thanks for any thoughts.

Regards,

Stuart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

[This would be better in the VOIP subforum]

Nope. They dont allow access other than the app and their own modems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stuartlawler

Many thanks for that. Pity it can't be done using another client but it is probably a closed system and I guess they don't want people gaining access through other means.

I wondered after creating my original post about having it in the SIP forum but am not sure how to move posts?

Thanks again anyway.

Advertisement