Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking Issues

Options
  • 26-03-2009 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey some of you might remember me! Anyways Im having problems connecting to the internet via the switch. I can connect to the wireless no problem but I want to connect via the switch to the internet. Its windows vista and its a brand new laptop any suggestions or did I miss something during the setup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 October_Phoenix

one more thing it keeps saying adapter is not connected But its plugged in and the cable is a straight through cat 5 cable whats going on damn vista

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What exactly do you mean by the switch? Do you mean a router? What exactly is your setup?

A couple of things you could try:

• Go into device manager (on Linux at the moment, so can't remember the exact steps. Try right-clicking on My Computer, select Manage) and check if the network card is installed. There should be two - one wireless, one regular network. Make sure there is no yellow triangle on it
    • Make sure your cable isn't the problem. Get a cable you are 100% sure is working (i.e. take it from another computer you know can connect via the cable)
    • Disable any anti-virus/firewall software that you may be running (only temporarily, mind you, don't surf the 'net without it working)

Advertisement