Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court Fees

Options
  • 21-01-2011 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone give me a very very rough general idea of how much it would cost me in fee's if i am fighting a civil case, between me and the governmental department, and if i lose?
    So, as i understand the loser pays all...so probably there solicitor fee's, and any other fee's ?

I have not a clue of the figure, so please give me some bit of guidance. It is only a minor matter, and would be resolved within a few hours in court . My solicitor thinks we have a good case, but it could turn anyway on the day i suppose, so have to take all possible results into consideration

thanks,
    Jo
    Tagged:

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

This should not be dealt with here. I am sorry. You must get a fee estimate from your solicitor/Barrister. It is a requirement to provide if asked.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

jocotty wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone give me a very very rough general idea of how much it would cost me in fee's if i am fighting a civil case, between me and the governmental department, and if i lose?
    So, as i understand the loser pays all...so probably there solicitor fee's, and any other fee's ?

I have not a clue of the figure, so please give me some bit of guidance. It is only a minor matter, and would be resolved within a few hours in court . My solicitor thinks we have a good case, but it could turn anyway on the day i suppose, so have to take all possible results into consideration

thanks,
    Jo

assuming the government do not seek an adjournment .... and then at next hearing ...a further adjournment due to fresh information, then on the next occasion ... another adjournment because a key witness is unable to attend....and one more final adjournment - just because they asked nicely.

the court is very "obliging" to the state when it needs adjournments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Ab roller plus

Depends on the whether its High Court, Circuit Court or District, the complexity of the case, the number of defendants, how many and what type of experts, where there any pre-trial motions, how many days the case runs for, etc. As Tom says your solicitor should give you an idea of the cost and is in fact obliged to give you an estimate of the costs.

I'm assuming the state has filed a full defence in which case costs will be higher.

I would also ask for a note of the costs to date from your solicitors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement