Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

piab order to pay ignored

• 19-01-2011 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

i had an accident in late 2008 which was the third partied fault and as a reseult ii was badly injured neck and back and i decided to claim loss of wages etc.
    my solister put it in front of piab early last year and in early november i received the offer based on what they thought i was entitled to. i know the company never responded to the offer so they had deemed to have accepted it but 7weeks after the order to pay was issuued they still havent paid up. its an english company maybe that the delay and my solister is useless when i rang him this morning i left a message and as usal my call wasnt returned

what happens now that they havent paid up after the 6weeks??can any1 help pls
    Cheers boardies :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Without straying into the realm of giving legal advice which we can't do here, it'll require applying to court for enforcement but if the company has no Irish presence one way or another, getting paid could be difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭rescue16

i had an accident in late 2008 which was the third partied fault and as a reseult ii was badly injured neck and back and i decided to claim loss of wages etc.
    my solister put it in front of piab early last year and in early november i received the offer based on what they thought i was entitled to. i know the company never responded to the offer so they had deemed to have accepted it but 7weeks after the order to pay was issuued they still havent paid up. its an english company maybe that the delay and my solister is useless when i rang him this morning i left a message and as usal my call wasnt returned

what happens now that they havent paid up after the 6weeks??can any1 help pls
    Cheers boardies :)
    Arange to see you solictor in person as far as i am aware if they dont respond to the letter to pay up piab will issue you with a letter to proceed to court is does not matter if it is a english company or not . You will need a barrister to go to court and they will have to pay for the cost of this . Hope this helps laura best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 26 a lawyer

if your solicitor is useless that you could dispense with their services and get a new one.

it's like any other service provider - you're not tied to them.

provided you've paid your bill, and refunded the outlays (i.e. the money to PIAB and your doctor that the useless solicitor probably paid on your behalf) you can take you file off to a less useless solicitor. you can even query their bill if you like.

best of luck with it.

by the way rescue16, insofar as "they will have to pay for this" the OP will of course probably get an order for costs in her favour, but she still has to collect those costs. never fear though, some useless solicitor and barrister will probably take the case on without requiring to be paid costs upfront.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭rescue16

Well ya you have a piont there but thats what i meant they would issue a order of costs thanks tough for pointing it out .

Advertisement