Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new M50 tolling question

Options
  • 06-06-2008 8:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

guys hoping someone here can answer this question as i've been looking around www.eflow.ie and can't find the answer.

does anyone know if you register for the electronic tag if you are charged a monthly "maintenance fee" the way you are will the eazy pass at the moment? and if so how much is it?

only use the M50 about 4 times a month so don't really wanna be pre-paying for something if it's gonna be taken from my account for nothing at the end of each month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

eflow.ie wrote:
    Video registration
    You also have the option of setting up a vehicle number plate based payment account which will be debited for each journey you make.

Think this is what you're looking for?
    as far as I can make out that's €2.50 each time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Currently the only fee you pay for the easypass is your insurance for the device which is 12euro for the year. There is no monthly fee. Your account is topped up once you go below a certain level. Both topup and level are set by yourself. So if you don't use it the only fee is 12euro for the year.

And the charge with easypass will be 2euro each pass. Although I really dont see that last long!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

cheers but I know that bit. I'm presuming this is the same as the eazy pass where your charged a "maintenance / insurance fee" for your tag each month on top of the tolls you've racked up for the month.

it's not much but still would prefer to keep the money myself :)

edit: cheers pippip thats what i was curious on :)

from what I'm reading on www.eflow.ie, there's no maintainence/insurance fee on the "video registration" which would be more suited to your needs.
    You register for a video account with bank account details and your fee is debitted everytime you pass through

cheers shayk i'll go with that one :)

• Advertisement

No problem,

if you wanted to confirm that you could ring Lo-Call: 1890 50 10 50 or email customerservice@eflow.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

wouldn't dirty number plates just be cheaper ;-)

actually seems you get charged the same monthly maintenance fee for the eflow tag the same as eazy pass. just found this on their site (stuck very discreetly on the bottom of the payment page)
    eflow.ie wrote:
    Please note that account will e charged for the Initial Start-up Amount of €40 in August 2008. Please note that your account will be charged a monthly Account Fee of €1 per tag.

Your account will be automatically topped up by the selected amount when it reaches the minimum account balance of €12

I wonder how much extra that €12 a year maintenance will make them on top of the tolls. sneaky bastards :(:(:(

miju wrote: »
    actually seems you get charged the same monthly maintenance fee for the eflow tag the same as eazy pass. just found this on their site (stuck very discreetly on the bottom of the payment page)

I wonder how much extra that €12 a year maintenance will make them on top of the tolls. sneaky bastards :(:(:(

where abouts did you see that?

when you go to the open account / payment page it says it in section 6 - payment amount of the page

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Skyhater

There is no €12 minimum balance when you select post-pay. (you get charger at the start of each month for the journeys in the previous month)
    Can't see any advantage in pre-pay accounts.

miju wrote: »
    when you go to the open account / payment page it says it in section 6 - payment amount of the page

but if you select "Video Account" like I said, that disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

but isn't video account charged at 2.50 instead of €2 for each trip ?
    this therefore works out more expensive than the monthly charge if you use it 4 times a month

typical - your f*cked if you do and f*cked if you don't - TAXES !

true BUT there's a start up few of €40 with the Tag account which is NOT applicable on a video account
    eflow.ie wrote:
    * Please note that your account will be charged the Initial Start-Up Amount of €40 in August 2008. Please note that your account will be charged a monthly Account Fee of €1 per Tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

is that not an initial top up of €40 credited to your account ?
    I don't remember being charged any €40 start up fee that was not credited to my account.

yes it's an initial €40 credit to your account. it's topped back up at €12 as god forbid they don't get their extra few bob :)

anyone any idea on how many unique vehicles roughly use the M50 each year?

Advertisement