Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP I'VE LOST MY WORK EXPERIENCE PLACEMENT

Options
  • 26-01-2015 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

I got a call this morning and was told that they mixed up the dates between a couple of TY students and that they wouldn't be able to take me on for work experience anymore. I honestly find this ridiculous and very unprofessional but I have to move on. My work experience is literally in 3/4 weeks time.
    I'm interested in medicine/science/accounting so if anyone knows any places in dublin that take TY students on please let me know asap :(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

That's unfortunate and the business should have let you know sooner.

Try contacting physiotherapists/ Dentists/ Optometrists as hospitals may not be able to facilitate you. a hospital said I could complete my work experience and then pulled out last week. I went to a local chemist, they were so nice and helpful, answered all my questions and i learnt so much. Pharmacy sounds really enjoyable! Try contact local accountancy firms, they may be able to take you on. Also try a vet, GP (Have heard stories, worth a shot) and other medical clinics. Try any local pharmaceutical companies too.

Advertisement