Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junk mail and the law

Options
  • 20-01-2011 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

If a free paper left sticking out a letterbox attracts thieves who burgle house is the person who own and/or deliver the papar in any way responsible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

probably not.... you could try argue it ... but one of the "security" measures advertised .... when going on holidays get someone (a neighbour, family or friends) to remove letters and newspapers so potential thieves will not see the property as a target.

How do you prove that it was the "junk mail" which influenced the thief in choosing the house, unless the thief admits this.....and in this case ... who do you blame ...every distributor or junk mail...an post...political parties, local businesses.

very difficult to prove !! .... properly securing your property ensures that potential thieves wont go near your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

WildOscar wrote: »
    If a free paper left sticking out a letterbox attracts thieves who burgle house is the person who own and/or deliver the papar in any way responsible

only way a person who owns/ and/or delivers the paper would be responsible ..... would be if they committed the crime and admitted the crime or were caught in the act.

So ... it not 100% no ...but as good as !!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭listermint

WildOscar wrote: »

You should definitely claim, definitely.

i once claimed from dublin bus as the bus was like 6 minutes late. I got 6 Million out of those fr's go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭WildOscar

listermint wrote: »
    You should definitely claim, definitely.

i once claimed from dublin bus as the bus was like 6 minutes late. I got 6 Million out of those fr's go for it.
    and you still cannot afford a life

• Advertisement
Advertisement