Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Not enthusiastic about the possibility of Bellamy coming to Celtic on loan. He has been prone to injuries the past season or 2 and I wasn't impressed with him at Cardiff last season. His wage demands are huge and at his age I don't think his worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

pbowenroe wrote: »
    the money spent on bellamy would be much better spent on a goalkeeper. zaluska isn't good enough
    Exactly, with the money going to get spent on him on wages alone we could get a good solid goalie in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

But none of us know how much would be spent on Bellamy - so how can anyone say he's not worth the money??? I think Celtic will have weighed up how much he would be worth at this stage and would have made Man City a loan offer to suit. Whether or not we get Bellamy on loan, we need a new keeper and I don't think Celtic will stop looking for a keeper regardless of whether Bellamy comes or not.

Boruc anyone? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Bellamy reportedly not interested in a loan move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Bellamy reportedly not interested in a loan move.

Any direct quotes mate or is it a Sky Sports source?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Apparently Celtic are looking for another loan of Forster.

Any direct quotes mate or is it a Sky Sports source?
    No direct quotes just a sky sports source so wouldn't exactly take their word for it but just cant see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Apparently Celtic are looking for another loan of Forster.

Considering what Pardew said when his last loan finished, I doubt that will happen.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Considering what Pardew said when his last loan finished, I doubt that will happen.

He got a start in their friendly with Leeds a few days ago, had a shocker:

I don't think his performance won over many Newcastle fans, I'd still take him back though :).

I don't think his performance won over many Newcastle fans, I'd still take him back though :).

He doesnt look like the keeper we had last season there!

I'd have him back too, he was very good last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

He's intentionally trying to make Newcastle drop the asking price ;)

Yeah but who cares what Pardew says. He is a clown and nobody should really consider his opinion. I think it would be Ashley's decision and he might be interested if getting a fee or him off the wage bill.

Barton being linked with us in the morning rags.

Anyone know why Newcastle are letting him go?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Joey-Barton-Newcastle-Twitter-Why-are-clubs-queuing-up-to-sign-football-bad-boy-by-David-Maddock-article780252.html

In short, slating the Mike Ashley regime via Twitter.

I think he's been right to criticise what has been happening as Ashley/Llambias/Pardew are bull****ting fans and players alike. I dunno why Celtic would have any interest in the player. He's quality but how many central midfielders do we need? Lawwell would be best getting the finger out and signing a quality goalkeeper.

I think he was publically criticising the running of the club so he was shown the door. I don't think he will come to Celtic though, he's too good a player to move to Scotland.

We don't need Barton nor want Barton.

Away to Swansea City tonight - hopefully a good performance ahead of Aberdeen game on Sunday.

Would love to see Paddy get 90 minutes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Away to Swansea City tonight - hopefully a good performance ahead of Aberdeen game on Sunday.

Would love to see Paddy get 90 minutes.

Not on telly unfortunately. :( Audio only.

I'd like to see Zaluska have a solid game.

• Advertisement

5 mins into 2nd half, 0-0 at the mo. Just switched on the audio.

Not sure of whole team but Ki, Commons, Kayal, Samaras, Wanama, Mathews, Mulgrew, Hooper, Brown all mentioned, Cervi in goal.

2-0 at moment to Swansea.

Loovens out for up to 6 weeks:
    http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=1358

PauloMN wrote: »
    2-0 at moment to Swansea.

Loovens out for up to 6 weeks:
    http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=1358

Celtic 2-0 down to Swansea? I can see the back page of the Daily Record tomorrow. CELTIC HUMBLED BY WELSH MINNOWS IN CRUNCH FRIENDLY TIE, also brave Rangers robbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Celtic 2-0 down to Swansea? I can see the back page of the Daily Record tomorrow. CELTIC HUMBLED BY WELSH MINNOWS IN CRUNCH FRIENDLY TIE, also brave Rangers robbed

Why not 'deservedly humbled'? Wouldn't surprise me :rolleyes:

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Why not 'deservedly humbled'? Wouldn't surprise me :rolleyes:

True, maybe even congratulating Rangers on succeeding in qualifying for the Europa League :P.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11715_7079313,00.html
    Skysports.com understands Leeds United are set to sign Celtic's Darren O'Dea.

I rather that deadwood be sold, hopefully more of the deadwood can be taken off the wage bill, be it temporary or permanent but Lawwell needs to get the finger out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11715_7079313,00.html

I rather that deadwood be sold, hopefully more of the deadwood can be taken off the wage bill, be it temporary or permanent but Lawwell needs to get the finger out.

Not a fan of O'Dea then? Haven't seen much of him at Celtic but thought he played well at CB for Ireland. Has he played much at LB?

I'm a Leeds fan and I'm after some opinions of him please.

JokerD wrote: »
    Not a fan of O'Dea then? Haven't seen much of him at Celtic but thought he played well at CB for Ireland. Has he played much at LB?

I'm a Leeds fan and I'm after some opinions of him please.

I think his recent performances for Ireland flatters to deceive tbh. Celtic were short centre backs last season and he still got shipped out on loan (not the only centre back to get shipped out on loan either) He's very average imo, he can play left back but no decent end product as an attacking full back. I didnt hear anything positive of his time at Ipswich either, fans were berating his performances most of the time, whether they were being fair with him or not I dont know.

Who are the regular CB pairing at Leeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Like Dempsey said he has done well for Ireland but expect a few errors from him time to time. He has turned in some outstanding performances for Celtic - most notable would be in the San Siro against AC Milan a few years back. But isn't cut out to make the centre back position his. He wouldn't be a natural full back either, not the best on the ball and doesn't have the pace. Would be good cover if that's the role he will play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I think his recent performances for Ireland flatters to deceive tbh. Celtic were short centre backs last season and he still got shipped out on loan (not the only centre back to get shipped out on loan either) He's very average imo, he can play left back but no decent end product as an attacking full back. I didnt hear anything positive of his time at Ipswich either, fans were berating his performances most of the time, whether they were being fair with him or not I dont know.

Who are the regular CB pairing at Leeds?

Andy O'Brien and Paddy Kisnorbo should start on Saturday.

• Advertisement

JokerD wrote: »
    Andy O'Brien and Paddy Kisnorbo should start on Saturday.

Cant say I know too much about Kisnorbo but I do know of O'Brien, he should be able to oust him imo

Dejected Rangers boss Ally McCoist: Red-carded Whittaker & Bougherra let their team-mates down
    "McCoist was furious with Russian ref Vladislav Bezorodov for his overall handling of the game.

The official could have evened up the numbers before half time but turned a blind eye to Durmaz's blatant swipe at Lee McCulloch.

Then, right at the death, he failed to see a handball which could have given Rangers the chance to win the tie from the spot."

They mention the one Malmo player who the ref failed to send off but fail to mention the two Rangers players he let off.

Also what handball are they talking about? That is the first I heard of it...:confused:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3732549/Celtic-lose-two-centre-halves-in-Swansea-defeat.html

Neil defenceless

CELTIC lost TWO centre halves last night as they crashed to defeat in South Wales.
    Glenn Loovens - who missed the Swansea game - is out for at least a month with a hamstring injury. Gaffer Neil Lennon then confirmed stopper Darren O'Dea has joined Leeds on a season-long loan.

What a rag!

Cant say I know too much about Kisnorbo but I do know of O'Brien, he should be able to oust him imo

O'Dea is comfortably better than Andy O'Brien.

O'Dea ain't that quick, reads the game well, is a good leader, very strong in the tackle (puts everything into tackles), needs to get stronger/bulk up, good in the air but not great (like a real centre half should be), is a good passer, likes to play football instead of boot it.

He's a good centre half imo but he's never a left back unless just filling in for someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

I'm heading up to Pittodre on Sunday morning, anyone else going?

Just read this on facebook:

"Lennon better watch out, last time Whittaker and Bougherra got sent off he got a 5 match ban."

:D

Hearts v Spurs... bad luck!

Maribor (whoever they are!) v The The The Rangers

Sion..... anyone know anything about them? Think Dons humped them a while ago....

Celtic vs FC Sion in the Europa League. They finished 4th in Switzerland last season. No excuse for not getting past them.

• Advertisement

OK, own up, who's been at the FC Sion Wiki page? :D
    And wont progress to the Europa League this season as Celtic will pump them.

Happy enough with that draw. Are we away first or has that been decided?

Fixtures to be announced later. The fact that us and "them" ;) are in it means we can't play at home same night of course.

First leg away, good draw and no excuses not to get through really.

We should beat them but I'd still be wary of them because they're a bit of an unknown. Swiss sides wouldn't be the worst either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »
    Fixtures to be announced later. The fact that us and "them" ;) are in it means we can't play at home same night of course.

Your fixture has been changed to home first ;)

Your fixture has been changed to home first ;)

Yeah we are playing home first on the 18th and away a week later on the 25th. Home in the second leg is always an advantage but I would expect we should not need that advantage for this tie :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Yeah we are playing home first on the 18th and away a week later on the 25th. Home in the second leg is always an advantage but I would expect we should not need that advantage for this tie :).

Nope you should see them off fairly comfortably I would say

This a nice draw. I can't see another Utrecht happening, team is more settled now.

• Advertisement

ColeTrain wrote: »
    This a nice draw. I can't see another Utrecht happening, team is more settled now.
    Certainly hope so. Another Utrecht would be a catastrophic disaster but I don't see it arising.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement