Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help ID`ing a weird bird?

Options
  • 13-04-2010 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, spotted a weird bird while out walking the dog this morning and was wondering if anyone could help me identify it. I have a book of Irish Birds and can`t find anything in it that resembles it.
    I saw 3 of them flying above a ploughed field up a farm lane. I haven`t seen or heard a bird like it since i moved to the country 2 years ago.The area is mostly all farmland.
    They were about the size of a pigeon but had broad ended wings, all black on top and all white on the bottom bar the wing ends.Their wings flapped pretty fast like a pigeon. They were flying,circling and swooping around the field really acrobatic and their song was what I can only describe as R2D2 out of Star Wars, really odd. Just too far away to get a clear view of the head,etc.Anyone??
    Forgot to say, I`m in North Donegal.

Comments

Advertisement