Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone involved with wildlife organisations?

Options
  • 17-07-2009 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi,

I would like to get actively involved with nature and wildlife in some way. I approached the IWT a few years back but it never really went anywhere.

I would love to be involved in conservation or research or anything like that as i have a huge interest in all irish wildlife.

Im 28 and live in south dublin city.

Could someone who is involved with wildlife tell me how they got into it and what they do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I am a member of BirdWatch Ireland, but that's about as far as I really got. I was also in the Irish Raptor Study Group but since I decided to go back to school I find I don't have as much time any more as I used to.

I am sure that there are ways to get involved in conservation... How about the Irish Peatland Conservation society or such?

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

The IWT run an SAC Watch course for volunteer monitors:

http://www.iwt.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112:sac-watch-training-course&catid=3:newsflash

Well worth doing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i joined the native woodland trust a few months ago - haven't heard anything from them since the initial joining pack, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Birdwatch Ireland - I hope to join An Taisce soon:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i joined the native woodland trust a few months ago - haven't heard anything from them since the initial joining pack, though.
    well, this situation changed. i spent the weekend putting trees into bags for the 'trees for schools' scheme - 30 trees per bag (and a mixture of up to seven species, not just 30 of the one species) into a couple of hundred bags. my right arm is so scratched from the hawthorn i look like a junkie...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Proud Birdwatch Ireland member and a member of the countryside alliance!

Advertisement