Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapsed PSV licence

Options
  • 01-02-2009 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,
    I am considering re entering the taxi profession.
    I sold my taxi licence approx 2004 and my psv licence expired 2005.
    I have been told by the powers that be I need to resit the psv exam.
    On reading a recent thread here, a person said that because his licence had expired over 5 years he had to resit the test.
    I'm wondering is there a five year rule in place ,as this would not apply to me or is it a discretionary thing.
    I don't know what my options are bar resit the test, but any advice would be much very appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 niteowl

Thanks for your reply and advice, I had a dublin psv licence before it expired.
    I would rather go for an interview with the psv officer rather than re sit the test as I could get back to work quicker, assuming the licence would be renewed,(my circumstances remain the same as when I previously held my licence),but I have being told I need to resit and am waiting for appointment from carriage office.
    The website you gave is great, thanks

Advertisement