Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

site review

Options
  • 31-08-2014 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I hope you are all well. I would appreciate any feedback on our site. Its still a work in progress and I guess we will always be making adjustments to it, but would really appreciate any advice good or bad. I have a couple of pages to include and also an about the company page as well as finish reviewing each page for spelling mistakes etc. I hope to start google adwords and looking into SEO this week.

I was trying to make the site as user friendly and straight forward as possible while been abit different to our competitor sites.

The site is www.registerabusiness.ie

Thanks a million for any feedback.

CF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Your design is not responsive which is a must these days.

The header image can be removed, it doesn't have any real function and occupies valuable homepage real estate.

The layout of your content could be more user centric, addressing the types of questions and issues prospects will be concerned about: How Does It Work? What Do I Get? Why Use Us?; Who Are We?...

Using Read More as anchor text should be changed to relevant text.

Expand your file names using register-a-company.shtml' instead of just comp.shtml

Better to sue Social Media icons instead of text links.

A lot of the footer links are duplicated to the same pages.

Typography overall, but especially on the service type pages could do with work to make it easier to read eg. the italicised text isn't that effective and would be netter as something like a heading 2 or 3. The call to action at the bottom is just Order Form; it would be better as a button and with better natural language eg. Register My Company Now. The Prices could stand out better.

Read up on Google Business and how to integrate it better with your web presence for a SEO boost.

-

The Order forms need a lot of customisation work and tidying up to make them more user friendly:
    They are too long on a single page, better to break them up into stage-by-stage subforms. Users don't react well to seeing a long form with loads of input fields. You can have the same number of fields but broken over pages in a process-like flow and users feel more comfortable, even though they'll be filling in the same amount of input fields. Eg. Have separate pages for: Pick Your Desired Company Name; Add Details for your Desired Registered Office; Add Share Capital Details; Add Company Secretary Details; Add Company Director Details; Add 2nd Company Director; Add Another Company Director or Finished Adding Directors; Add Shareholder Details (which automagically carries over the previously added Directors with the shareholding input fields for each one respectively, and then also additional non-director shareholders); Name of Person to be Contacted Upon Incorporation/Method of Contact.

The logic of the forms could be improved by doing things like when selecting using your address as the ROA it autofills the address fields.

Your country drop down list doesn't have Ireland in the top section but does have 8 other likely selections.

There's no drop down for Nationality.

The Date of Birth calendar defaults to today, better to have it defaulting to some thing like 25 years ago whioch will be closer to an applicant's DoB.

Do you require more than 2 Directors textbox field should be replaced by the same type of input as the previous 2 directors instead of a textbox and should show/become active when the more than 2 Directors option is chosen.

The form validation needs a lot more work, it does pick up bad email addresses but I left out loads of fields and the errors were not picked up. Having a long single page form also makes this getting the input right/correction process a massive pain for users.

-

There's no 404 page.

There's the odd spelling mistake eg. Domain Name Registraition in one of the page titles. [ http://registerabusiness.ie/name_reg_02.shtml ] Double check your spelling, grammar and punctuation.

You don't need the date thing in the top right, likewise for the Last Update and html/css Validator links. The copyright year is out-of-date. I would stick contact details there with Social Media links and RBN and also the Google map associated with your Google for Business (Places) presence for a localised SEO boost.

All of your Social Media links are not pointing to any of the respective accounts.

hth/gl

Advertisement