Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Irish web hosting?

Options
  • 12-08-2014 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi,
    I'm searching for a web hosting for my website.
    I would like some feedback from those who are hosting with one of the web hosting I mention below, in particular Hosting Ireland VS Spiral Hosting. One is cheaper but the other one was recommended to me by a friend.

I have found a list on this website:

hosting-review.com/ireland

I checked the first 5 and compared prices with packages, but I'm still scratching my head.
    I'll write a few points to consider:

- A friend of mine said she was recommended to use Hosting Ireland and was very satisfied with the CS. she didn't check any other hosting site, though. She recommended an Irish hosting because the support tends to be faster and more readily available.

- This is my very first website and so I will also have to figure out how to use WordPress. I have a YouTube video to follow but I might need support, so a good support team would help. All the web hosting sites seems to offer 24/7 assistance with email, live chats and phone.

- I understand that most of the features offered would suit big companies, or some who do eCommerce or with big volume of clients, etc. I am looking for something simple in order to be visible online for my life coaching activity. I might have photos and I still don't know what else (PayPal link? Video of me giving speeches in the future?)

- I'm trying to keep the cost as low as possible without sacrificing quality.
    I did a trial with HostPapa, LetsHost, WupavHosting, Spiral Hosting and Hosting Ireland to see how much I'd pay. For the (basic) packages I chose, so far my considerations are:

LetsHost = Eur73.17/year (VAT incl.) - seem to offer the same features as the others and comes up more expensive than some I mention below. I'm not too keen.

HostPapa = Eur73.06/year (VAT incl.) - The good thing is that it's green energy, I like that, but I don't want to commit for 3 years so I miss out on the 2.95Eur/month offer. They give unlimited this and unlimited that (disk space/bandwidth/email accounts, etc.)...but I don't know how much I'm going to need for the time being.

WupaHosting = Eur46.99/year (VAT??) for the Silver plan (10GB/200GB) - It's cheap but their website is very basic, which puts me off a bit. Also, they say free Domain registration provided that my domain is .com and I subscribe for a year (not monthly), but at the end of the process they still add Eur6.99 for registration.

Hosting Ireland = Eur58.31/year (VAT incl.) - they don't offer "unlimited this and that" (10/100, up to 5 websites) but my friend recommends this! They have video tutorials, daily server backup, 2 months are free.
    I'd like some feedback on this web hosting company

Spiral Hosting = Eur40.00/year for the Size XS plan (10GB/100GB) - They are based in Belfast with office in Dublin. Apparently they use diesel generators (so that makes me feel better for not choosing Green Energy) but on their profile page I read that they back up data 2/3 times a week VS others who back up every day. Also, I don't know anything about their customer support.
    I'd like some feedback on this web hosting company

Thanks!
    Sandra

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement