Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

G.K. wrote: »
    Why do you think people will drop points against villa?

It's not people, just The Rigger. He's 'special'. :pac:

Villa are muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

5starpool wrote: »
    It's not people, just The Rigger. He's 'special'. :pac:

Villa are muck.

:eek:

The-Rigger wrote: »
    :eek:

I hope you use those predictions in the IPB comp. Neck and neck between us at the moment on the overall season standings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm more offended by the idea that you think that we'd be offended by what you've said.

Not offended, just bitchy. When anyone points out things like that or only being 1 point and 2 goals better off than the same point last season there tends to be a massive overreaction.

I did, my secret weapon. Thought we were both in the middle of the pack.

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I did, my secret weapon. Thought we were both in the middle of the pack.

I'm looking at the overall season one, not just the second half of it. We are both on 250 points.

I'd advise you follow my picks or you'll fall behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

The Rigger has somehow returned my optimism...

and that optimism was fúcked yesterday...

now it seems like backing the pool would just give us the best odds of a certainty
    :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just back from the game

Adam was really bad in not knowing what to do.

As for Downing his corners were crap, I also think he does more harm than good with Luis Enrquie. I mean there were times he was blocking off his runs instead of helping him by creating space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I've just been looking over the league table, it makes for some grim reading.
    We're only 4 points ahead of Norwich and West Brom ffs.:(

It breaks my heart to think where we could be with a top class goal scorer after paying 35 mil for Andy Carroll.

Can you imagine the difference the likes of a Torres in his prime could have made?
    We're in serious danger of finishing 9th or 10th, sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Benitez is coming to Trinity to give a talk tomorrow.

http://tcdphil.com/?p=810
    Champions League winning manager Rafael Benitez will speak to the Phil Society this coming Monday at 7pm in the GMB.

Mr. Benitez is to accept the Gold Medal of Honorary Patronage from The Phil for his outstanding contribution to sport. Benitez, one of Europe’s most successful and celebrated football managers, will make an address entitled, “Belief, Determination and Success” and then take questions from the floor.

A lavish reception will follow in the GMB. As always, this event is free for all members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Kess73 wrote: »
    In the league? No.

We have not even won three in a row in the league this season.

We have won two games in a row in the league only three times this season.

As well as having only won two games from the last ten, we have also lost four games during the same period, so out of a possible thirty points, we have taken ten.

10 points out of 30? Seriously, FFS! Hodgson level of form, the Cup games the only saving grace.

Even the unbeaten at home stat is gone, for all the good it was.

We've still the best run in of all the top 7 but 4th just aint going to happen and I don't think anybody, including the team or management believe so.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I can't believe we're only on 39 points. I saw that last night and hadn't realised our points tally was so low!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I've just been looking over the league table, it makes for some grim reading.
    We're only 4 points ahead of Norwich and West Brom ffs.:(

It breaks my heart to think where we could be with a top class goal scorer after paying 35 mil for Andy Carroll.

Can you imagine the difference the likes of a Torres in his prime could have made?
    We're in serious danger of finishing 9th or 10th, sigh.

The thing is, this time last season we didn't really have any problems scoring goals while Carroll wasn't fully fit. An attack of Maxi, Kuyt, and Suarez were banging them in. The real changes came in midfield, with Henderson, Adam and Downing all playing most matches but contributing little by way of goals even if statistically chances are being created.

We've added a 21-year-old who was living with his mum when at his old club, playing mostly out of his best position and with a huge pricetag hanging over him; an average playmaker making a massive step up who was apparently signed based on a 6-month purple patch; and a winger who season after season has ranged from notably excellent to bafflingly useless based entirely on confidence and whether or not he fancies it that week.

And then we sold Meireles to boot. Thank god we got Bellamy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

@JenChang88: Fletcher at £12M-£15M+ price Wolves wanted was overpriced, but with relegation, good value around £8M. Wouldn't surprise to see him in red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Just like the start of the season we played with a air of freedom on Saturday when everything didn't have to go through Gerrard in the middle .

Its a hard one to call and dismiss his qualities but I'm starting to think we do better without him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

K-9 wrote: »
    10 points out of 30? Seriously, FFS! Hodgson level of form, the Cup games the only saving grace.

Even the unbeaten at home stat is gone, for all the good it was.

We've still the best run in of all the top 7 but 4th just aint going to happen and I don't think anybody, including the team or management believe so.

The Cup defiantly bought King Kenny more time IMO.

Serious questions would have to be asked if ye didn't win that, i know ye stumbled to the victory but a win is a win.

Only a point and two goals better off than last year...Anyone bar King Kenny would be scrutinized by the Liverpool faithful.

King Kenny isn't the man to take the pool any further IMO, he's a dinosaur who's out of tune with the modern game.

King Kenny is a hero to the pool fans but he wont ever get Liverpool challenging for major honors, i also doubt he'd ever be capable of getting ye a top four finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

mixednuts wrote: »
    Just like the start of the season we played with a air of freedom on Saturday when everything didn't have to go through Gerrard in the middle .

Its a hard one to call and dismiss his qualities but I'm starting to think we do better without him .
    But you lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

@JenChang88: Fletcher at £12M-£15M+ price Wolves wanted was overpriced, but with relegation, good value around £8M. Wouldn't surprise to see him in red.

Ideal player if we want another season like this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Keep going Willy...I think we might be making progress on your issues with LFC.

• Advertisement

Hoki wrote: »
    Cant see us getting 3 points from Sunderland the way they're playing recently , id take a point there tbh.

This single sentance sums up where we are.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

monkey9 wrote: »
    I can't believe we're only on 39 points. I saw that last night and hadn't realised our points tally was so low!

One more win and yer near enough safe for another year :p

The Cup defiantly bought King Kenny more time IMO.

Serious questions would have to be asked if ye didn't win that, i know ye stumbled to the victory but a win is a win.

Only a point and two goals better off than last year...Anyone bar King Kenny would be scrutinized by the Liverpool faithful.

King Kenny isn't the man to take the pool any further IMO, he's a dinosaur who's out of tune with the modern game.

King Kenny is a hero to the pool fans but he wont ever get Liverpool challenging for major honors, i also doubt he'd ever be capable of getting ye a top four finish.

Have you been to the Blue Oyster again ?

A glutton for punishment our Willy is , or maybe it's just the shambles , embarrassment , managerless , seedy , souless , shananigans that is currently going on at his club that has him down .

CSF wrote: »
    But you lost.

And ? .. Your point

Lol Rigger, I've just finished reading through the thread, I certainly admire the optimism but we're in a position at the moment that we could conceiveably finish in the bottom half of the table.

It's all about the FA cup now. I'd also like to see a couple of the 'fringe' players get some gametime in the league. Coates needs some gametime, we need to start preparing for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sappy404 wrote: »
    The thing is, this time last season we didn't really have any problems scoring goals while Carroll wasn't fully fit. An attack of Maxi, Kuyt, and Suarez were banging them in. The real changes came in midfield, with Henderson, Adam and Downing all playing most matches but contributing little by way of goals even if statistically chances are being created.

We've added a 21-year-old who was living with his mum when at his old club, playing mostly out of his best position and with a huge pricetag hanging over him; an average playmaker making a massive step up who was apparently signed based on a 6-month purple patch; and a winger who season after season has ranged from notably excellent to bafflingly useless based entirely on confidence and whether or not he fancies it that week.

And then we sold Meireles to boot. Thank god we got Bellamy.

Playing mostly out of his best position? How so? He has played more games in a midfield or CAM role for Liverpool than he has at RM where he played most of his games over two seasons for Sunderland. He played very few games at Sunderland in CM.

Cannot really disagree with the thrust of your post though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

mixednuts wrote: »
    Have you been to the Blue Oyster again ?

A glutton for punishment our Willy is , or maybe it's just the shambles , embarrassment , managerless , seedy , souless , shananigans that is currently going on at his club that has him down .

I'm not down at all really, for all our problems at the moment we are still ahead of Liverpool in the league and are in contention for a CL spot unlike the Pool.

in contention for a CL .

Little Fluffy Clouds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Coates needs to get a run of games from now till the end of the season , carragher can stay on the bench as far as im concerned till season end then give him a hint to retire/coaching job.
    i honestly wouldnt like to be saying concentrate on FA cup , i think its important to chase every win to finsh as high as possible to instill some self belief before next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

I'm not down at all really, for all our problems at the moment we are still ahead of Liverpool in the league and are in contention for a CL spot unlike the Pool.
    Wait, whoa there willy, this could be a breakthrough in your case.... You were actually able to admit that you gauge Chelsea's success by comparing them to Liverpool? We're making real progress this session. Well done you! :)

But I'm afraid that's time for today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement