Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well & Pump

Options
  • 09-03-2009 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Just wondering if:
    1. anybody knows the going rate for boring a well??
    2. about a device you can use to reduce the build up of limescale & erosion of the pipes and also kill any bacteria in the well water, not sure if this is part of the pump or a seperate device......

Any info appreciated,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 cilldara34

Roughly around 10 euro a foot. The pump and water softner will set you back around 2000 fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Price will vary, depending on depth/location/sub soil conditions; rock etc.
    Remember, you need a price for boring but also request for lining and pump.
    Disinfecting the well is usually done after a week or two. Local co-op has 10L product, dont know if can name. All you do is dilute with water, pour down well, leave 24hrs, flush system and thats it. Have done it many times. Then, if domestic, you SHOULD get it tested by a recognised Lab. If you do this straight after well bored, more than likely you will not get EU standards. Thats why best to leave a week or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

I have been looking for the same over the last week and i have being getting
    7 Euro per foot drilling
    5 Euro per foot for steel
    1.25 Euro per foot for lining
    900 Euro for Pump and fitted

Seems to be the norm that im getting apart from the pump which is a little less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 DeirdreD

The quotations below seem v reasonable, I am in the Cork area and am getting the following@
    7 euro per ft drilling
    10 euro per ft for steel
    3 euro for lining
    1000 - 1100 for pump

Anyone know of prices like below in the Cork area?[

QUOTE=Jonnykitedude;59355382]I have been looking for the same over the last week and i have being getting
    7 Euro per foot drilling
    5 Euro per foot for steel
    1.25 Euro per foot for lining
    900 Euro for Pump and fitted

Seems to be the norm that im getting apart from the pump which is a little less.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

got my well bored last week.... if you're getting the lining at 1.25 per foot, it's more than likely not the proper grade PVC for a well.. the proper grade PVC is more expensive, mine was 3 euro a foot.. i paid 2,000 to get my well bored to 180 feet, with proper grade PVC, steel casing, etc.. it was the best quote i could find in the Northeast for suppliers using the right grade PVC in any case..

mine was 7 per foot for drilling, 5 per foot for steel and 3 for the PVC... make sure you always ask these guys what their minimum charge is... they could hit water at 50 feet and still bill you for a couple of grand if they've a minimum charge..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Juantorena

Galway area - €3500 all in. Drilled to 180ft and I think that rate was €7/ft.

Not sure of the breakdown after this but I think the pump was coming in at about €1100...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Mazotasan

Carlow/Kildare area...€6 plus Vat / ft all in (Steel and pvc liner no pump).

The depth that you bore will determine the cost of the pump, as the you will need more water pipe and more cable (cable is not too cheap). Also the deeper you go you will need to get a stronger pump. I should of said that this is in relation to borehole or submersible pumps.

The other thing I would say is to be careful about where you bore...check planning conditions and also Institute of geologists of Ireland guidelines.

@Runforestrun...What is the correct grade PVC in terms of spec? I haven't checked this as I thought it was just protecting the pump from stones and dirt etc. Some people don't use the plastic liners at all...just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Mazotasan wrote: »
    Carlow/Kildare area...€6 plus Vat / ft all in (Steel and pvc liner no pump).

@Runforestrun...What is the correct grade PVC in terms of spec? I haven't checked this as I thought it was just protecting the pump from stones and dirt etc. Some people don't use the plastic liners at all...just curious

Can't say I know quite enough about it other than from what I picked up from my plumber and the foreman on the site and from talking to the guys who do the drilling... That's a mighty price down in Carlow/Kildare!!

Advertisement