Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBMC to XBOX via DVD

Options
  • 05-07-2007 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭

for some reason I cannot FTP to my old xbox anymore and want to put xbox media centre on it and ideas on how to get XBMC onto my xbox without FTPing via a dvd for example.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Do you have a file manager installed onto your xbox? Use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

What Xbox application are you currently using on your XBOX?
    What client are you using on your PC?
    Are they connected via router or crossover cable?
    Are you using static IP or DHCP on the xbox?

The more detail we have the better chance of fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

The cable I am using is the same one as I use between my router and my 360 to play on live I am not sure if this is a crossover cable. I do have filemanager software on my xbox. I don't know if my xbox has a static IP. Can I not just stick the XBMC onto a dvd and then rip ot from the DVD onto my xbox:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

any dash board will allow u to ftp!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Yeah if you are using unleashx or evox or even avalaunch it will allow you to ftp. Check the system settings. Try DHCP and take down the ip it gives.

• Advertisement
Advertisement