Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Dragons

Options
  • 25-11-2007 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Once again some cagey play by Munster in the middle of the 2nd half... Tackled well in defense on the line for about 5 mins but couldn't turn the ball over before letting Dragons over for a try...

Then after the restart, Dragons were right back inside Munster's 22 (didn't score this time though)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

The ref bugged me a bit, he seemed to penalise Munster players for not rolling away when they either couldn't or were trying to. I was very impressed with some of the younger players in the squad and given a few more matches together Munster look to have a pretty good supply of players this season.

In the future Buckley and in particular Donnacha Ryan look like getting call ups for Ireland.

It occured to me (after seeing the Pucciarello try) that maybe Marcus Horan isn't just taking the lazy option by being out on the wing and maybe it's a concerted effort to get the bigger forwards running more with the ball. The All Blacks expect their forwards to be a little more than just bulldozers and I hope that's what Munster are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

It was a facile victory, don't know if we learned anything really. Any game where you have a bonus point wrapped up in the first 30 minutes, you just cant respect the opposition. Yeh Munster fell asleep for periods but the game was well won at that stage so I wouldn't be too worried. Very positive for province and country that Buckley and Ryan are coming through.

Next Fridays Munster v Leinster game is definitely one to look forward to. Both teams will be fielding their strongest XV i would imagine, and a lot of bragging rights, not to mention valuable ML points at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Both teams will be fielding their strongest XV i would imagine

Strongest team, bar the two best players.... who have an important game somewhere else next weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

zabbo wrote: »
    Strongest team, bar the two best players.... who have an important game somewhere else next weekend...

Noooooooo they dont IRFU aint letting them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was well impressed the new lads for Munster - 9 changes from the HEC match the precious week and yet we scored 7 tries, one less then our record. We leaked tow handy tries to Dragons but overall I think Deccie will have learnt from the selection, hopefully a few of the lads will get a run next week. With Tomás O'Leary still sick Gerry Hurley has to get more game time in case he is called on for Stringer during one our two HEC matches befoe Christmas. Donnacha Ryan well deserved his MOTM, Niall Ronan had a good game and should get another 20mins at least next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

D Ryan was very good as was Ronan and Buckley. Quinlan was immense as usual , Hurley at FB was solid and Lewis took his try well. Nice to see a bit of depth in the squad this year, they seem to be serious about the ML this year.

Advertisement