Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Ospreys

Options
  • 23-11-2007 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Damn ref just awarded a try that BOD obviously had his arm under.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

What channel is this being shown on? Connacht v. Ulster on Setanta..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Setanta Sports 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

score?

Leinster back in the lead after two kicks by Contepomi 19-26 about 3 minutes left. Rob Kearney has been excellent breaking and under the high ball.

Score is the result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

that's great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

shocking game. shocking ref. shocking skills from both teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

i thought the game was shocking as above said but i think there were a few possitives

1-kearney was class today imo and he will be a future star fullback for ireland.

2-healy was like a firecracker when he came on,at 20 years of age he was more than capable in the scrum and plays a good physical game and likes to run with ball,he did make a FEW mistakes but he shows enthusiasm and i think he should be played more often.

3-fitgerald again didnt impress but I honestly can recall only 1 time they passed him the ball in the whole match,the only action he got was catching a few kicks and even then no one supported him. i still have high hopes for this lad,they keep playing him on the wing(which i dont understand because he isnt a winger).He is either a fullback or centre.He likes to sidestep,cut angles and run at people which he cant do on the wing.I honestly think cheika is going to ruin him,is it gona take bod's retirement before this guy get decent game time,at a postion where i feel he would thrive.

there is no need to have bod and darcy in all magners league games as some opponents are crap and this is where you start him in centre and give him 90 mins!

4-sexton i though played well,he seems to have a nice level of kicking vision and i think he could be a future ireland no 1 as paddy wallace imo is rubbish and is just there to fill up some ulster places(although he did alright last week,but i still think sexton is better for vision,we have a good irish back line,we dont need an outhalf to make gains,just to have the vision to set up the other backs).for the next 6 nations it should be sexton as ogara back up

5-Chris keane seems to be a pretty good scrum half and should be ahead of cillian willis,who has been shocking for the last 2 games,these guys are prfesionals and to be passing suicide balls like willis has been is a cardinal sin.

for the upcoming heineken cup edinburagh game i would have le roux start and seeing how it goes,give healy some time.Darcy hasnt been performing and maybe a shock in the form of fitzgerald taking his place would be the medicine, move darcy to wing and fitzgerald to partner bod at centre.I would have keane scrum half and maybe bring willis on.kearney full back,contepomi usual.horgan? give him a kick up the arse and tell him not to run into TOUCH
    worst case senario,you put them back into normal position ie fitgerald wing and darcy centre,i think the with the others we have no choice due to injury

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'd agree with you on a number of points. Fitzgerald deserved a MUCH slower blooding into the game than he got, in my mind. He was ****ed into the Ireland squad for the Pacific Island match, and a bunch of Leinster matches that realistically he shouldnt have started. He needs another year or two to build up the same build to deal with the bigger guys, even at magners league level.

Sexton has been fantastic over the last while - I feel terrible for talking bad about the guy last season, but he's improved immensely, and really showed what he learnt over the season.

as for Keane, I must say that he was faster off the ruck, the passes were of higher quality, and that other than one or two bad calls on sniping runs he aquitted himself quite nicely around the field.

With Fitzgerald I would have reservations, would much prefer someone with a bit more experience under their wing, but if needs be.... I know luke has a very good track record, but he really hasn't impressed in the blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

I have some reservations aswell but i mean tbh i couldnt care about the magners league and there is some terrible teams,ulster at home is a prime example of where bod should be rested and fitzgerald at 13,i think we need to take a leaf out of the southern hemispere,look at francoir steyn,SA played him in the world cup and he did brilliantly,so it doesnt really matter how young you are,its how good you are and i think he deserves a shot at 13 tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Worrytahs

dc69 wrote: »
    1-kearney was class today imo and he will be a future star fullback for ireland.

He'll be a winger if he makes the national team. Duffy is the heir apparent to Dempsey, in my opinion. The guy just gets better and better every time I see him play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Such a scrappy game I think we could have lost it if Phil was at 10.

Sexton cleared the lines well under pressure, I have visions of Phil in the same situation trying it a tad too flash and costing us.

I quite like the security of a kicking 10 after the last few years roller coster that is wild Leinster. We havce 3 class centres and it seems we just have to play all 3 cosa we can....

Phil and Bod cut some amazing lines together in centre.

Advertisement