Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kinda random? But take a look......

• 21-11-2007 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

OK, I know this IS a bit off the topic of rugby, but i was just wondering what do other rugby players(or anyone playing sport) use to get pumped up before a match. I like to use music myself, so what kinda songs do you guys listen to??? What songs etc??

Or maybe you use something else to get the adrenaline rushing! This, i know, is random, but could be interesting aswell. Lets see what people have to say!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

thed4king wrote: »
    OK, I know this IS a bit off the topic of rugby, but i was just wondering what do other rugby players(or anyone playing sport) use to get pumped up before a match. I like to use music myself, so what kinda songs do you guys listen to??? What songs etc??

Or maybe you use something else to get the adrenaline rushing! This, i know, is random, but could be interesting aswell. Lets see what people have to say!!!

In the dressing room Manager gets us all on our feet door closed start running on the stop while he shouts what we're going to do a sprint on ten and shout it as loud as we can then start slap yourself hitting yourself and bind up and get up close get the aggression levels up. Captain talks. Calm down a little sit down on the bench close our eyes take in the surroundings imagine what we are going to do.

On the pitch just before the whistle then we get into our huddle and stamp out our team name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

'Any Given Sunday' speach by Al Pacino!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Yeah I found that if you don't go out onto the pitch pumped up, you get smashed. Alot of Pantera and Sepultura for me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

same for me.start off with a bit of light hearted stuff to relax myself. listen to some flight of the conchords.

follow that up with some slipknot, pantera, occasionally Lamb of God.anything to get the blood pumpin and the anger going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I used to listen to some Sepultura before a game, or anything loud, fast and angry. I used to like to prepare my mind, but for someone reaason in the women's game isolating yourself before you go out to play isn't really done, so rather than alienate myself from the team I just sit quietly and try and psyche myself up. Doesn't work as well as I'd like but has to be done.

Can't get as worked up before matches as I used to. Not sure if it's for that reason or others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement