Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster V Leinster (Nov 30th) Tickets

• 23-10-2007 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

Sweet. Now I have to figure out how to get to Musgrave park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Sweet. Now I have to figure out how to get to Musgrave park.
    How are you gonna afford the tickets after you've bought everyone the drinks you owe them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

shower of knackers.

I bought 6 tickets earlier, 2 for a more expensive area than the other 4.

I paid more for each area than the corresponding link in DaveIRLs link.

28 bills for the uncovered stand, 20 for the south terrace.

This after the debacle over the roof. That is plain unreasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

How could one (or a few) get there from Limerick?

besty wrote: »
    How are you gonna afford the tickets after you've bought everyone the drinks you owe them?

Pints of water arent that expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

def be heading out to this. as i would any matches in musgrave :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

uberwolf wrote: »
    shower of knackers.

I bought 6 tickets earlier, 2 for a more expensive area than the other 4.

I paid more for each area than the corresponding link in DaveIRLs link.

28 bills for the uncovered stand, 20 for the south terrace.

This after the debacle over the roof. That is plain unreasonable.
    Tickets from Leinster branch...that you are talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

daveirl wrote: »

basically another of the RDS stands is supposed to be covered and Leinster branch charged more for season tickets for this stand than the uncovered stands. The stand roof has been delayed due to planning problems....and is unlikely to be in place before next season.

Leinster branch solution: Full refund and no season ticket or keep your season ticket for the stand but no reduction in price despite paying extra for a covered stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

RuggieBear wrote: »
    Leinster branch solution: Full refund and no season ticket or keep your season ticket for the stand but no reduction in price despite paying extra for a covered stand.

Wow, what utter contempt for the branch has for the supporters.

On an overall note, huge price differential between the Leinster and Munster ticket prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Just picked up 2 tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

daveirl wrote: »
    Bus or Train![/QUOTE]With the evening KO, you miss the last train/bus back to Limerick so unless you can bum a lift, you're stuck in Cork for the night.

Do the Munster branch sometimes organize coaches from Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

Jilm wrote: »

Yes they do, check the website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Tickets gone apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

With the evening KO, you miss the last train/bus back to Limerick so unless you can bum a lift, you're stuck in Cork for the night.

Jaysus, I would not, NOT like to be in a coachful of Limerick Munster supporters sporting the blue and gold!

Borzoi wrote: »

On an overall note, huge price differential between the Leinster and Munster ticket prices

grr on both counts.

I reckon I might cc a letter to a few of the consumer sections f the various papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Borzoi wrote: »

Absolute contempt. That's the main reason I didn't buy a season ticket this year, those pr!cks aren't getting another penny out of me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey all,

I got two west terrace tickets for myself and the auld fella through Ticketmaster.

My 8 year old brother is begging to come but there's obviously no hope of getting a ticket for him. I long it's a long shot but...what are the chances of being able to pay for him at the gate as a school boy or something? Seing as he's only 8 and we're on the terrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Trojan
    IN MY OPINION.....
    This is pretty much standard fare for the Leinster branch.
    They really know how to rip people off.
    I decided not to renew my season ticket two years ago for one reason and one reason only....inflated ticket prices.
    As far as I can see, it's all about corporate greed
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

With the evening KO, you miss the last train/bus back to Limerick so unless you can bum a lift, you're stuck in Cork for the night.

There is a Supporters Club coach going from Limerick for the Dragons on the 24th. Can't see why there wouldn't be one going the following week - surely more fans will want to see an all-Irish clash?

Keep your eyes posted on the MRSC website. They often run a bus if you're a member. If not, hmmmmmmmm. Get the Galway to Cork bus which stops in Limerick.

Trojan wrote: »
    Absolute contempt. That's the main reason I didn't buy a season ticket this year, those pr!cks aren't getting another penny out of me :)

In fairness, Leinster games are all seated affairs, while the Munster games are 3/4 standing room only. Surely thats worth a euro or two extra. You can sit on a nice plastic chair in the RDS. I get a stony step in Musgrave Park.

Also, if I remember correctly, a ST for the ML ONLY for Munster set me back 165 euros this year - WITHOUT any Heiniken cup tickets. Leinster tickets I think started at around 230 which were both seated and included Heiniken cup tickets. I think the two were quite comparable.

MRSC are slightly better organised I think, but the free buses for Ulster/Munster games from the Leinster Branch are a good deal I think, if you consider they take you straight to the stadium. Also in terms of getting tickets for big games its a bit lonely singing the fields of Athenry by yourself since if you are lucky enough to get a HC ticket its only ever going to be for one, but you can get tickets for a friend to come along via Leinster. All depends what you expect I suppose.

Having said that the first time I remember going to Musgrave Park when I moved to Cork in 2002 I recall paying 10 euros at the gate. Now its all ticketmaster and not less than around €20.50 a ticket so the inflation is running high all round I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Looking forward to heading down to the game, got my allowed two tickets. I've never been to Musgrave park - so I have to go thru the rite of passage :)

I only hope I can get my hands on another ticket, so I can bring a couple of folks I know down in cork..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

If anyone has 2 spare tickets for this Id really appreciate it :)

thanks

shoegirl wrote: »
    In fairness, Leinster games are all seated affairs, while the Munster games are 3/4 standing room only. Surely thats worth a euro or two extra. You can sit on a nice plastic chair in the RDS. I get a stony step in Musgrave Park.

shoegirl, Trojan was referencing my finding that Leinster fans were being charged more for the Munster v. Leinster game than Munster fans were. For the same ticket, at the same half built stadium

uberwolf wrote: »
    For the same ticket, at the same half built stadium

Musgrave Park? Half built? Surely you're confusing it with Thomond Park (which is most definitely in building site phase right now).

Musgrave Park might be tatty, but its not THAT bad.

In fairness, this is a very high demand match. I am a member of both supporters club and bought tickets from both, and as I recall, there was only a small difference (maybe 1 or 2 euros per ticket) between the 2 provinces. Hardly profiteering at a massive rate.

Advertisement