Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best energy drink?

Options
  • 15-04-2007 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

I felt this was the best place for this thread. Its coming into exam season and I want to find something that can keep me working into the night/early morning. Something that will keep me awake but also tastes good. The coke machine downstairs just doesn't cut it any more. So what high caffeine/guarana/crazy nrg drink do people like the taste of that also keeps them up at night? In the past Pepsi cappucino has served me well but I'm going to be holed up in my room for days at a time and want to buy a crate of something. Excessive I know but it has to be done. So what are your suggestions boardsies?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

do they still have 'jolt' in the various colleges? i used to find it worked for me back in the day, although it may have been placebo effect more than anything.

soda-pop_1939_7326955

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Whats a pepsi cappuchino? is it when you shake the can and all the fizz is like a froth? Do they sell 'V' here? thats nice stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Red Bull is expensive but Tesco sell "Kick" at 89c a litre. Basically the same thing as Red Bull so good value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Thanks I'll have a look for a Dunnes own brand(closer to me).

Boreds, pepsi cappacino is a new flavour from pepsi, its been out a while. It has lotsa caffeine in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

energy 69 is supposed to be good. it's green-tea based with ginseng and damiana leaf
    about €1.40ish from holland and barrett

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Club Energise Energy FTW... (thats the fizzy one)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Red bull, not pushed on the taste but i can see it being used over the next few days as i CRAM in the last semesters revision!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was kinda obsessed with Lucozde when i was doing my exams (in March) Although i always had some coke with me in exam...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

BPM, it's available in most shops now, it's nicer than Red Bull IMO, and there is a bit of a 'lift' of it.
    bpm-energy.jpg

It's worth noting that the 'pep' you get from any fizzy drinks will last for around 45minutes, after that you'll feel worse than you did.

If you want a coffee alternative give us a over in coffee & tea, there's loads of different coffees and flavoured coffee's discussed.

Also, consider fresh fruit, I don't have any stat's though I'm told it's very good for energy levels

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Onkle wrote:
    Club Energise Energy FTW... (thats the fizzy one)

Agreed. Its the best one I have tried in a long while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Boost. Like red bull, but one litre for 2.99, or 500ml for 2e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

boost is pretty good and very cheap,or blue bear,alternatively just throw a load of skittles into bpm and leave it a few minutes.Double the sugar:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

does anyone have any idea how to make green tea sweet? I dont like using sugar but I had green tea before it had an apple taste but now its just regular tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Jurassic_chili

a bit of red bull never goes wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

does anyone have any idea how to make green tea sweet? I dont like using sugar but I had green tea before it had an apple taste but now its just regular tea
    Honey perhaps?

Twinings to a wide variety of teas which are well worth trying. The Spiced Apple and Chamomile might have been what you had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Boost does the job for me.

Advertisement