Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best hot chocolate in dublin?

Options
  • 01-04-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for something better than butlers irish chocolate, i'd like something thicker if possible,recommendations for that or in general?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Passport

Do you like the ones where they give you a cup of hot milk and a real thick chocolate that you stir into it until it has melted through?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

oh my! ive never tried those,where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Barnies has amazing hot chocolate as does Cafe sol!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

What in the hell is a dublin?
    Anyone?
    Dublin?
    I have never heard of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

There is no need to be a twat,the meaning was pretty clear

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

There is ALWAYS a need to be a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

The Joy of Coffee does a fantastic Italian hot chocolate, really thick and luxurious. They've a fair selection of different flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Heavenly Coffee on Temple Bar Square does a lovely, thick hot chocolate- they make it with chocolate syrup rather than the powder most places use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bon expresso in mount street does a lovely hot chocolate and the best mocha in dublin in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

Cafe Moca I think it is in the food emporium on Middle Abbey Steet. The hot chocolate mallow there is to die for. IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Butlers, on Wicklow street I think it is... Has a cookie hot chocolate which is amazing. They put Oreo cookies in and when they melt at the end of the cup is all mushy crumbley warm soggy goodness. *Drool*

I make it at home with an edited recipe: Highlights powder hot choc, vanilla ice cream and 2 Oreos, and a lil bit of Soya milk. Tis beautiful indeed! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Can you buy hot chocolate syrup anywhere? I dont like powder at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

But Butlers is yummy..... why would you want something else?

mmm Butlers.... I'm on my way out the office door now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

The best hot chocolate in Dublin used to be in Phoenix Perk. I still mourn the closing of that place, whipped cream, marshmellows and really thick chocolate it was pure indulgence. Ah memories.
    O'Briens in Stephens Green shopping centre do a nice one though.

Advertisement