Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super light + simple CMS

Options
  • 26-07-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a light weight and very basic CMS that would have a fast turn around for builds? The CMS should not rely on a third party and really only needs to be able to edit one area of content across 5-10 pages.

It wouldn't need to be able to create new pages, update menus, run a blog or anything that advanced. Just basic page editing.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Perch

Used it a couple of times before, and it's very easy to set up and use, and incredibly flexible. You can just build the site as a load of static PHP/HTML, and then it's easy to retrofit the CMS into it; you pretty much just replace any dynamic areas with particular tags. I've used it for pages with pretty fancy jQuery slideshows, etc., and it's great - allows the client to update any little elements from the backend.

It's not free, but worth it IMO. Their documentation and support is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I did look into perch, but the issue is that it has to be hosted on my server and users will be given a subdomain to log into to update content.

I could just use wordpress, but I think it is just overkill for these projects. I'm looking into couchCMS atm. Seems ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Another option would be Expression engine + multisite manager maybe? Anyone have experience with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Wordpress, obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Wordpress hasn't been light or simple in a long, long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Wordpress hasn't been light or simple in a long, long time.

I disagree. And, like yourself, dont feel like qualifying my point.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Squarespace?

Advertisement