Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Galway" Rag Week

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Because
    a) mild trolling
    b) I presumed you were shilling
    c) I can't believe anyone would buy a ticket without finding out any details
    d) you'll get a bus there that will bring you to Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

Ficheall wrote: »
    Because
    a) mild trolling
    b) I presumed you were shilling
    c) I can't believe anyone would buy a ticket without finding out any details
    d) you'll get a bus there that will bring you to Sligo.

Ficheall,

Nobody is trying to suppress your freedom. It's when it becomes a problem e.g. drunken yobbery on the streets. We Irish have a social interaction problem and use alcohol to substitute it - the result is a street ramapge of disorderly conduct with stupid people.

Skopzz,

Why on earth are you directing your comment at me? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rurallake

Well gatty now yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

At the "new" Bus Station at the back of the Radisson.
    No, I've no idea where it's leaving from.
    I don't know if the ticket-sellers would actually get in trouble with the college, as the college is actively trying to discourage such, no?

You would be banned for a few days for this if this sub-forum wasn't so militantly anti-alcohol. And if students getting drunk (shock, horror) pissed you off so much, why don't you leave and join the real world like the rest of us who joined NUIG in 2003/2004?!

Banned for deliberate misinformation? Possibly. Possibly deserved. Bit of a stretch though.
    If it weren't promoting an event flying in the face of NUIG's stance on "Rag Week", from a suspiciously new poster, then I probably wouldn't have said anything.
    And if students getting drunk (shock, horror) pissed you off so much, why don't you leave and join the real world like the rest of us who joined NUIG in 2003/2004?!
    I've a problem with people in general acting like dicks because they're drunk, but I haven't really got a problem with them being drunk, and I don't see how joining "the real world" would help in that regard? Is it more fun out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I've a problem with people in general acting like dicks because they're drunk, but I haven't really got a problem with them being drunk, and I don't see how joining "the real world" would help in that regard? Is it more fun out there?

Because back when I was in college I didn't mind drunken idiot students but now that I'm 26, they piss me off no end whenever I visit Galway. It's all relative really. People get older and attitudes change and people change.

Of course drunken students that obviously annoy me wouldn't be the sole reason to stay or leave college but I'd definitely consider it a factor when I'm weighing up my options. Just saiyan.

Because back when I was in college I didn't mind drunken idiot students but now that I'm 26, they piss me off no end whenever I visit Galway. It's all relative really. People get older and attitudes change and people change.

Of course drunken students that obviously annoy me wouldn't be the sole reason to stay or leave college but I'd definitely consider it a factor when I'm weighing up my options. Just saiyan.

Ah, I seem to have missed your concern for me in your previous post. My bad.
    I'll bear your advice in mind the next time I'm weighing up such options.

Back on topic - RAG WEEK WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    Most importantly - where's a good place to get pancakes tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Most importantly - where's a good place to get pancakes tomorrow?

http://www.ihop.com/ They do quite tasty pancakes, journey could be a pain. I'd say the mr. waffle in newcastle should have them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭wallpaper12

there is a pancake morning in aras moyola between 11 and 1 tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I think they did pancakes in homeplate on abbeygate street for pancake tuesday last year iirc, i'd imagine the same this year?

Really? I <3 Homeplate. That's fantastic, cheers. I'll try there first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

there is a pancake morning in aras moyola between 11 and 1 tomorrow
    Pancakes served to you by nurses??

obama-not-bad.png

Nailz wrote: »
    Pancakes served to you by nurses??

obama-not-bad.png

It's Eng Soc, I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Fuck.

• Advertisement