Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need to upgrade to a seven seater

Options
  • 06-10-2011 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to upgrade my Renault Scenic because of a new baby due in the next few months. I have two toddler seats in the back and another baby seat in the back just doesn't fit well.

Does anyone one have a seven seater they could recommend or just advice would be appreciated.

I suppose my budget is about 6-7 grand and I'd like a reletivley newish/reliable car, may '06 or '07.

I like the looks of the Toyota Previa and Ford Galaxy more than the Opel Zafira, and I'm kind of turned off the Hyundai Trajet because of a piece of crap Accent I had a few years ago (but this could be unfair to Hyundais). The Scenic I have is nice and comfortable, so an Espace is an option also, although I've heard bad things about the elcetrics/reliability, but for comfort, I'd be happy with another Renault...

Any advice is appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The Fiat Multipla is brilliant for this job: three separate full size seats in each row. I ran one for 7 with 2 and then 3 small kids plus a dog. Here's a 2004 diesel with a year on the NCT for €5K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Thanks for that.

I'd never even seen one of those I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's not the kind of car you forget easily, although there aren't many around these days.
    They're amazingly good to drive and sleep 4 at a push :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Are they much wider considering there is three seats across the front?

I'd have never considered a Fiat, must be the motor elitist in me!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

\There wide allright, about 10cm wider than a golf but nothing major, There also nice and short and the best packaged car i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Advertisement