Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question re new Garda cars?

Options
  • 06-10-2011 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

just wondering do the new avensis the traffic corp cars have recording equipment in them?

I was on the M9 this morning and there was a Garda traffic corps avensis estate on the opposite side of the road, he was parked up on the ramp with the back facing oncoming traffic and the Garda was out standing beside the car, with no speed gun or anything in his hand.

does he just have to park there and the car records all speeders? or do they still have to chase people speeding?

just being curious that's all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

patrickc wrote: »
    just wondering do the new avensis the traffic corp cars have recording equipment in them?

I was on the M9 this morning and there was a Garda traffic corps avensis estate on the opposite side of the road, he was parked up on the ramp with the back facing oncoming traffic and the Garda was out standing beside the car, with no speed gun or anything in his hand.

does he just have to park there and the car records all speeders? or do they still have to chase people speeding?

some cop cars seem to have builtin camera's ,seen a few unmarked ones and one estate marked toyota with builtin camera

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

cctv cameras can also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

patrickc wrote: »

As above with ANPR they can do tax / insurance as cars pass. Flags the car in question and they normally pull you over. Speeding as in like a camera van, No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

yeh never crossed my mind about the anpr, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Apprently they watch the ANPR for violations and flag the make/model/colour to a bike cop up the road a bit.

Perhaps he was standing outside the car so he could get a description.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

E39MSport wrote: »
    Apprently they watch the ANPR for violations and flag the make/model/colour to a bike cop up the road a bit.

Perhaps he was standing outside the car so he could get a description.

perhaps, there could of been a cop on the on ramp about 500m up from where he was, I never noticed though if there was.

Advertisement