Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on second-hand family automatic car

Options
  • 29-01-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi Folks,

I was hoping I could get some advice here on the best options for a second-hand family car. Key requirements are:

Budget - up to 13k
    Milage - 10k per year. Mostly city + monthly trip down the country
    Transmission - automatic. My left knee is telling me to buy one
    Family - 13 month old at the moment another to follow at some stage. My bike also comes on trips from time to time.
    Body - not precious on this provided there is boot space to put everything in.
    Trade in - yes, 00 Accent with 77k miles on the clock

I test drove a Peugeot 3008 (2011) however was disappointed with the driving exp due to the automatic. Also couldn't believe it wasn't ISO compatible!

I'm looking online at a number of models Avensus, Insignia, Mondeo, Quashquai etc. Given that it'll prob be 2009/2011 for this price range it can be difficult to know the road tax as it seems to change between models.

Any advice would be much appreciated on this. I'm not precious what model it is provided it fits the requirements.

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement