Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

launching a boat on suck

Options
  • 23-02-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi.

I spotted a slip next to bridge in Ballyforan and was just wondering would it be suitable for standard car to launch lake boat there? (few years ago i noticed suck being quite shallow there) if not would someone recommend better spot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

MarcinG wrote: »
    Hi.

I spotted a slip next to bridge in Ballyforan and was just wondering would it be suitable for standard car to launch lake boat there? (few years ago i noticed suck being quite shallow there) if not would someone recommend better spot?

MARCIN there is a slipway in ballinasloe at the Moycairn pub and restaurant.
    Its about 2 minute drive outside the town itself.
    My mate said it was steepish and abit akward but he would be launching a big 19ft lake boat.
    They built a marina in the town itself but never built a slip way goons.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

sickpuppy wrote: »
    MARCIN there is a slipway in ballinasloe at the Moycairn pub and restaurant.
    Its about 2 minute drive outside the town itself.
    My mate said it was steepish and abit akward but he would be launching a big 19ft lake boat.
    They built a marina in the town itself but never built a slip way goons.

thanks a lot.
    I'll keep it as backup (really want to check out depth and bottom at ballyforan fragment). And slipway in Ballyforan looks brand new. I wanted just to make sure that there is deep enough - but hope no one build slipway on shoal....
    Ps also heard on slipway in Lismany.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

never launched a boat from ballyforan myself but, have noticed boats being launched there many times while fishing before.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

dvae wrote: »
    never launched a boat from ballyforan myself but, have noticed boats being launched there many times while fishing before.

Thanks guys.
    Suck level was so high that i could almost lanunch it from the bridge ;P
    What a nice fat quad blank we had ;)

Advertisement