Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cursed Crusade, heavily influenced by Demon's Souls.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,867 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Changed the thread title since I was wrong. It's being developed by a french company and they say it's heavily inspired by Demon's Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Looks very European grim-dark -- let's see if it pans out :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,154 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks pretty Assassin's Creedy, which lets be honest isn't a bad thing :)

AC crossed with Demon's Souls is an interesting proposition!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks cool, though if you're looking for a proper Demon's Souls follow up (spiritually or otherwise), then Project Dark is where it's at. Made by From Software as well, and looks a lot like Demon's Souls (at least what little gameplay we've seen).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Dark

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There are already a plethora of must buy games out this year.
    Those two have now been added to my list, especially Project Dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I'll get both as long they don't have a level in anyway resembling 5-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 First Post

It's about time, not enough games based in the Crusades. Assasains Creed was, but it seems that Ubisoft is set on staying away from the Crusades now. Speaking of which, I hope this doesn't turn into yet another Sci-Fi game, nothing wrong with Sci-Fi, I'm just a little sick of everything being futuristic nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Looks more like a GoW-alike than Demon's Souls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,867 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks more like a GoW-alike than Demon's Souls.

Not for me, it's got a much slower pace akin to Demon's Souls whereas GoW is much faster paced with nearly every move having a large area of effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I don't know if you're talking about GEARS or GOD of War.

Alright, new rules:
    Rule 1: a game has to be a genuine classic before it deserves an acronym.
    Rule 2: unless the title is really, really long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Yes_Man

I'm really looking forward to The Cursed Crusades. I read in a preview magazine that it resembles Assassins Creed so it has great potential imo because I love those type of games

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭mrm

A cross over between DS (Rule 1) and AC2 (Rule 2:D) could be an abomination of a game. Most likely it would not achieve the atmosphere of DS, which was its standout feature. Furthermore it could be contaminated by the cutscene heavy approach of AC2. DS was an great example of a 'no hand holding' approach (minimal cutscenes), most typified by world 5-2 - didn't even matter if you had a map open in front of you, you were still completely lost. Granted, An Capaill Mor, I thought 5-2 was great, I loved the 'utterly lost' sensation, but I hated the idea of returning to it. It was simply mean - but that typifies Demons Souls.

Doesn't mean that Cursed Crusade won't be a good game, but I personally dislike the idea of contaminating DS with AC2.

Project Dark trailer looks and sounds great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The game is now called Dark Souls, and Kotaku has some more info on it.

http://kotaku.com/5748513/get-ready-for-the-hardest-game-youll-play-this-year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Kiith wrote: »

That's a different game, that's the follow up to Demon Souls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Looks cool, though if you're looking for a proper Demon's Souls follow up (spiritually or otherwise), then Project Dark is where it's at. Made by From Software as well, and looks a lot like Demon's Souls (at least what little gameplay we've seen).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Dark

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    That's a different game, that's the follow up to Demon Souls.

I'd agree. Think this should have a seperate thread. This has nothing to do with Cursed Crusade.
    Really looking forward to Dark Souls.
    The developers are happy that Demon's Souls was so well received aboard, and Dark Souls is slated for release this year in both Japan and the West.

Advertisement