Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New "Sick-Leave" legislation

Options
  • 05-05-2014 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question in relation to the new sick leave legislation we've been forced to accept (for now). I'm wondering why the Army, Judiciary and (especially) staff at the Central Bank of Ireland are exempt. As a member of AGS, i know what our current position is and the hopefulness of the future in relation to this scheme, but it's baffling me as to why the above 3 are exempt. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't be, but i would like to know why.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

The Army makes sense..however the other two? Very peculiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I agree that all front line services should be exempt, but the Judiciary and CBOI makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

I agree that all front line services should be exempt, but the Judiciary and CBOI makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

I'm sure it makes sense to those who wrote it or their golfing buddies...

Advertisement